It says Internal Error (see logs). I looked at the logs and it just tells me what I have been doing. I didn't have this problem until I installed a few programs I heard about from this site:
    1- Beyond 411
    2- BB Smart Viewer
    3- Opera Mini

I deleted Smart viewer and Opera mini in case they had something to do with it but it still says it. Any help is appreciated. I use my BB for work and desperately need to sync. Thanks!

(UPDATE)
    Thanks guys but its the same problem I had when I first got my BB. I had to poke around and figure it out. Its my Notepad. I had to remove it from the sync. Any suggestions as to why? It wont sync with the notepad checked. Thanks and I hope it helps others as well!
    Last edited by Merritt; 01-09-08 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Figured it out. Thx!
    01-08-08 07:12 PM
    I am losing my mind. Earlier I could find my logs to check and now I can't. Any idea where they are located.....LOL....? Thx
    01-08-08 07:43 PM
    Well, with 45 minutes of no response I am uninstalling my desktop manager and reinstalling. I am hoping that will solve the problem. I had seen where someone mentioned a updated version???? I have 4.2.2 is there a newer one by chance?
    01-08-08 08:01 PM
    I tried to get here in 30 minutes or less, but traffic was terrible...

Anyhow, here's a link for the Desktop Manager https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Not sure about the logs. I couldn't find them on my Blackberry, so someone else will have to answer that one.
    Last edited by emptydarkone; 01-08-08 at 08:41 PM.
    01-08-08 08:36 PM
    cool. I am downloading them now and praying they fix my probs. Thx
    01-08-08 08:43 PM
    You're welcome. The AT&T forums have some decent information, but not as much traffic as Crackberry does. YMMV
    01-08-08 08:53 PM
    I uninstalled desktop manager and reinstalled current and device current but this is the message I am getting is

No applications configured for synchronization
    Last edited by Merritt; 01-09-08 at 09:11 AM.
    01-09-08 09:05 AM
    Hey Merritt - any luck? I'm having a similar issue.

Are you still in the same spot as your last post? If so, this might help: blackberry.com has a proposed fix. It is under the support menu. I searched for "error 4238" and it was the first item returned. (I would have posted the link, but was not allowed.)

If you cracked the nut, please tell how.

Thanks.
    01-09-08 04:12 PM
    Hey Merritt - any luck? I'm having a similar issue.

Are you still in the same spot as your last post? If so, this might help: blackberry.com has a proposed fix. It is under the support menu. I searched for "error 4238" and it was the first item returned. (I would have posted the link, but was not allowed.)

If you cracked the nut, please tell how.

Thanks.
    Here is the link you want to GO TO
    01-09-08 04:58 PM
    Thanks guys but its the same problem I had when I first got my BB. I had to poke around and figure it out. Its my Notepad. I had to remove it from the sync. Any suggestions as to why? It wont sync with the notepad checked. Thanks and I hope it helps others as well!
    01-09-08 09:02 PM
    Same problem here. I've isolated it to my calendar. I can sync Memos, Address Book and Tasks, but if Calendar is included I get the error.

Until I find an answer I'll have to input Calendar entries manually.
    01-21-08 03:11 PM
    Not sure if anyone is still getting this error or not but I found what seems to be a fix! I use Novell Groupwise to sync my Calendar events. I am also using the Desktop Manager v4.3.

What I did..

Click the "Synchronize" button.
    Go to "Configuration" tab.
    Click "Configure Sync".
    Highlight Calendar and click the "Advanced" button.
    Go to the "Address Book" tab.
    Click "Map Folder" button.
    Click the [+] next to the main folder in the left box (Novell Groupwise folders).
    Add the main folder to the right box (Selected Folders).
    Remove "Frequent Contacts" from the right box, this will make your main folder the default folder.
    Press OK on all open windows and try to sync again.

Hope this helps some other folks
    05-01-08 05:13 AM
    To access your Event Log, go to your Home Screen, hold down the ALT key and then type "LGLG." The Event Log will then appear, and you can click a specific event for more information or hit your BlackBerry MENU key more options.

Also, you may wish to try a Backup/Restore. This resets a number of counters that may have gotten out of kilter (I did not want to say sync for obvious reasons).
    05-01-08 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD