its like a crosshairs symbol byt the battery whats does it mean?
    06-12-08 06:13 PM
    I actually just had that show up for the first time on me on Sunday (when I was installing the newest beta OS). I don't think it's a good thing. I had never seen it before. Fortunately for me, it went away within a couple of minutes.
    06-12-08 06:19 PM
    It is your GPS...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/what...on-mean-31616/
    Hope this helps you out! Welcome to CB!
    06-12-08 06:23 PM
    thanks alot ,figured it out,this site is the best!!!
    06-12-08 06:27 PM
    It is your GPS...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/what...on-mean-31616/
    Hope this helps you out! Welcome to CB!
    Good call! I missed that one. I misread the initial post - I thought it was an icon in the middle of the screen with some weird shapes including a little box and a triangle. Any idea what that one means??
    06-12-08 06:35 PM
    You got me there, I have no idea... Sorry!
    06-12-08 06:37 PM
    You got me there, I have no idea... Sorry!
    It was truly bizarre - I had never seen it in the years that I have been using a BB. Fortunately it went away within just a few minutes. I was very nervous about it because I had just interrupted the installation of an updated OS. Guess it didn't like being disconnected and then restarted....
    06-12-08 06:40 PM
    Good call! I missed that one. I misread the initial post - I thought it was an icon in the middle of the screen with some weird shapes including a little box and a triangle. Any idea what that one means??
    From what I have heard and gathered, that icon has something to do with a Dead Berry - indeed a bad thing.
    06-12-08 06:42 PM
    Hmmmm - interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I have 2 batteries that I cycle through. If it happens again, I'll make a note of which battery is in at the time. thanks.
    06-12-08 06:48 PM
    Hmmmm - interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I have 2 batteries that I cycle through. If it happens again, I'll make a note of which battery is in at the time. thanks.
    No no, not like a dead battery - a dead Berry!!

Like a nuked berry, for lack of better phrase. From what I have heard around the campfire, that nasty icon with the circle and cross and weird shapes is what pops up on your screen when your phone is completely messed up and needs to be wiped and have the OS reloaded and whatnot whatnot... I hope to never see this symbol!!
    06-12-08 06:51 PM
    oooooooooohhhh noooooooo..... that's no good. (Then again, it's reason to get a shiny new one )

Funny thing - as mentioned, that icon showed up when I was trying to upgrade to the newest beta OS. I had the earlier 4.5 beta, but then the newer one came out Sunday, and I tried to install it. It gave me an error about 3 minutes in. After several tries, I thought I would try to "trick" it by using the tips someone else posted about what to do with a nuked berry. (i.e., pull battery, hook up USB then click next on the DM before it has a chance to identify your PIN, etc.) It worked, or so I thought, but then the thing froze - so I unplugged, and then the dreaded little icon showed up - so I pulled the battery and tried again. Second try was a charm, and I've had no problems since. (Knock on wood).

(If it's going to die on me, at least wait until the Bold is out!!!)
    06-12-08 06:56 PM
    Sounds like you just dodges a nuke, sounds corny I know
    06-12-08 06:56 PM
    Corny but true!
    06-12-08 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD