Getting a Blackberry Curve! This will be my first Blackberry therefore I have some questions.

AIM for Blackberry, is it good?
    Facebook for Blackberry, is it good?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I know for sure I'm going to be using these 2 apps a lot. Is there any other applications you guys suggest I get when I switch?
    06-04-08 10:34 PM
    I use AIM on my bb and I like it a lot. I don't use facebook, but my friend does on his bb and likes it a lot.
    06-04-08 10:44 PM
    I use AIM on my bb and I like it a lot. I don't use facebook, but my friend does on his bb and likes it a lot.
    Just kind of curious. Is AIM for Blackberry, like an actual AIM environment or is it just like being on any other cell phone mobile AIM service?
    06-04-08 10:52 PM
    For AIM, I suggest getting a copy of JiveTalk, it's said to be the best IM software available right now.

As far as Facebook is concerned, there's an app that will send you notifications of everything straight to your blackberry, unfortunately there's a bit of a delay in the receiving of notifications.

For other applications, you may want to look at Viigo, the Crackberry launcher, some free games, and Mobile ESPN if you're into it.
    06-05-08 12:32 AM
    Just a couple notes...

AIM for BlackBerry does not work on the Verizon Curve. You have to use a third-party app like JiveTalk.

I have the Facebook app and use it often. I works well and keeps my BlackBerry and Facebook addiction intertwined...

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 01:10 AM
    I have been using AIM on my Verizon 8330. About a week or more ago, verizon added a mobile messaging link to their homepage, which allowed me to download their application which supports AIM, yahoo messenger and Windows Live.

Jen
    06-05-08 04:35 PM
    Again you know it uses text message not data for AIM on mobile IM for Verizon...? Just a heads up...
    06-05-08 05:14 PM
    I would recommend buying jivetalk. Its the best instant message app out there for the blackberry. I've tried tons and jivetalk takes the cheese by a long shot. Also, the facebook app is pretty cool but its limited. The mobile facebook site is where its at. You can do basically everything you can do on the regular website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 05:45 PM
    I havent tried out the facebook app yet I will when I get my Curve in a week. But Iv tried out the AIM app on my dads phone. With the full keyboard it works great sending and receiving is pretty good. I have yet to try Jivetalk but probably will once I get my Curve.
    06-05-08 05:51 PM
    I have been using AIM on my Verizon 8330. About a week or more ago, verizon added a mobile messaging link to their homepage, which allowed me to download their application which supports AIM, yahoo messenger and Windows Live.

Jen
    The Verizon mobile messaging uses texts for every message you send and receive. The Mobile AIM for BlackBerry uses data and I don't think this is supported for Verizon (last I checked). I hope you have an unlimited txt plan!!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 06:13 PM
    I don't use aim but I use facebook all the time and I love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 06:15 PM
    The Verizon mobile messaging uses texts for every message you send and receive. The Mobile AIM for BlackBerry uses data and I don't think this is supported for Verizon (last I checked). I hope you have an unlimited txt plan!!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39

Uhhh I just said that lol.........
    06-05-08 06:16 PM
    I use google talk (downloaded from the blackberry site) and it is charged as data on my unlimited plan and it works wonderfully
    06-05-08 07:53 PM
    Uhhh I just said that lol.........
    Sorry Cap'n! I hit the quote button after I saw that post and I forgot to read the posts after that!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 07:59 PM
    Jivetalk is the best. For only $30 (I think) it is one of the best pieces of mobile software written... period. If you are going to use IM a lot, this is the way to go or you'll regret it later.
    06-06-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD