So I just recently got the Curve 8330 and for some reason if I have been using my wired hands free set or any other headphone device and then unplug them and try to answer a call or make a call, my actual phone's headset does not produce any sound of the incoming caller. When this happens the person on the other end hears me fine, but I can't hear them. This often spontaneously resolves itself after about 15 minutes, but has anyone else had this problem?
    07-21-09 07:03 AM
    I've heard conflicting stories about it myself. Some folks say it's a hardware issue *faulty headset jack on our Curve or bad headset* and the other half say it's a software issue that is *fixed* by a battery pull.

In my experience, there seems to be a hardware issue that I haven't traced to the headset in or the headset jack itself. Audio works, but there seems to be a problem with the mic pin on the jack. When the phone detects that pin, it switches to headset mode and goes away when the mic pin moves out. MY Curve is going from headset to handset without me touching anything, basically making the headset useless.
    07-21-09 09:45 AM
    I think I'll try to have my phone replaced by sprint then...thank you for the help! Here's hoping that's the answer...
    07-22-09 06:48 AM
    I have had this exact same issue w/ my 8330. The only fix was to reboot the phone. Mine doesn't even ring, so I've missed calls.
    07-22-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD