Please ignore that my profile says I have an 8320. My Mom has an 8330 and for whatever reason we cannot get answering a second call and switching between the two calls to work.

The 8330 user guide says:

Answer a second call

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Click Answer - Hold Current.

To return to the first call, press the Menu key. Click Flash.
    When the second call comes in, I'll press menu, Answer - Hold Current. It will take the second call, but in attempting to switch back by pressing menu/flash, nothing happens. The second call remains active.

Also, when hanging up from the second call, the phone does not reconnect to the original call. It just hangs up the second call as if it were the original call going back to the home screen. Oddly about a second or two later, the phone will ring and then reconnect the first call.

Anyone have any ideas as to why these simple functions are not working? The device has the latest Verizon OS on it, 4.3.0.127.
    Last edited by sunkast; 10-25-08 at 05:32 PM.
    10-25-08 04:46 PM
    I knew searching was not going to be productive when I saw you were asking the question.

Answer a second call

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Perform one of the following actions:
    � To answer the incoming call and place the current call hold, click Answer - Hold Current.
    � To answer the incoming call and end the current call, click Answer - Drop Current.

Switch calls

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Click Swap.
    I was looking for a qualifier, BlackBerry is famous for them. It is possible you may have to add the call waiting service to the account before it will work.

10-25-08 05:04 PM
    LOL yeah, when you have been here for months, you already know what topics there are. But that is what I was wondering, because I have never been with Verizon before, I don't know if that is a feature that you specifically have to add to the phone or what.
    10-25-08 05:23 PM
    We are talking about call waiting right? When the second call comes in just hit the "send" button. To toggle back and forth, just hit the "send" again. You can not conference the call. I hope this helps.

PS: I just tried this.
    10-25-08 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD