I'm on a family plan with my family, and when my grandmother's phone died a few days ago, we had to move to Verizon to get a new phone. So I got my new phone today (another 8330, just like I had with Alltel). I ran device switch in Desktop Manager, and at first I was excited to see my phone was just like my old one. Same interface, all the information, everything. Then I realized it lost my Internet browser in the process. Also, I the facebook app tried to log in, and said my plan doesn't support the app. So I'm a little confused, some help would be greatly appreciated...
    08-15-09 01:35 AM
    Sounds like you don't have Data on your plan. The internet(browser) and email will not show up until you have data added to your plan and Verizon sends you the service books for said items.

The reason facebook doesn't work is because of the lack of internet.

So, once you get data/internet added to your plan you will be good to go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 03:00 AM
    The browser worked fine when I first got it. However, the Verizon store was having problems with their computers and couldn't transfer my contacts. I wasn't there, I was at work while all this went down. My dad is just impatient and couldn't wait, so they came and picked up my phone, took it, and swapped. So I tried to use the BB software, and now the browser is missing. Facebook worked on my 2nd log in attempt. The app is pretty ****ty, I usually just go through the browser to access it.

Anyway, that's not the problem. Like I said, it worked fine when I got the phone. Something just went wrong when I tried to sync it with my old BB.
    08-15-09 03:11 AM
    Resend your service books and re-register with the network.
    08-15-09 03:33 AM
    Sorry to sound like a moron, but how exactly do I do that?
    08-15-09 03:34 AM
    Goto https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw Login, Service Books/Resend.

Then Options/Advance/Host Routing Table. Menu and Register will push your Browser and other non-email service books
    08-15-09 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD