Wow, I didn't know that the Curve was sooo much smaller. Anyhow, I made the switch from Sprint 8830 to Sprint 8330. I just got tired of being the last phone for all updates. So anyhow, I also updated to the official version of 4.5, which is amazing. I was not sure it would be any different, but I am really happy I made the switch.

Even though the keys seem a wee-bit smaller, I still like the phone and like the fact that it is a little smaller. I don't plan to travel out of the country anytime soon, so I am fine with the phone. The camera is really good too---takes excellent pictures!

If anyone is not certain about switch--do it, it is well worth it. The operating system is nice and the phone overall is sleeker and smaller.
    08-12-08 05:04 PM
    congrats on your phone swap. i'm so loving my curve!
    08-12-08 06:39 PM
    How do you upgrade to the 4.5 OS? I have a Verizon Curve 8330 & am brand new to Blackberry. I have 4.3 OS.

I have had Palm PDAs for yrs, tho never a Treo. In fact, I set out to the store to get a Treo 755P only to find that Verizon dropped it & Palm will make only Microsoft OS Treos from now on, save the Centro toy. In my view, Palm abandoned me; I didn't abandon Palm.

In any event, I was disappointed that I can't get Documents to Go without 4.5. I got eOffice, but it is abysmal. I loved Documents to Go for Palm and assumed that there would be even better office software for BB than Palm. Boy was I wrong.

With Palm, there a number of very good office programs, including Wordsmith, which actually has a better Word program than D to Go, but doesn't have the rest of the office apps as Doc to Go.

How do I get 4.5?

Scott
    08-12-08 07:27 PM
    Yeah I made the switch as well from the 8830. Took a little while to adjust to the keys but I'm happier w the curve than the we.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 07:36 PM
    Congrats. The Curve is a great device! I switched from the 8820 to 8310 back in April an could not be happier.
    08-12-08 07:37 PM
    Wow, I didn't know that the Curve was sooo much smaller. Anyhow, I made the switch from Sprint 8830 to Sprint 8330. I just got tired of being the last phone for all updates. So anyhow, I also updated to the official version of 4.5, which is amazing. I was not sure it would be any different, but I am really happy I made the switch.

Even though the keys seem a wee-bit smaller, I still like the phone and like the fact that it is a little smaller. I don't plan to travel out of the country anytime soon, so I am fine with the phone. The camera is really good too---takes excellent pictures!

If anyone is not certain about switch--do it, it is well worth it. The operating system is nice and the phone overall is sleeker and smaller.
    Might want to consider changing your signature
    08-12-08 08:20 PM
    Might want to consider changing your signature
    Now that was funny!
    08-12-08 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD