Hey everyone,

Last night I finally gave in and switched my Storm to an 8330. My girlfriend switched to AT&T (don't really know why but whatever) and I took her Curve. She switched over two days ago and I had to call a customer service rep to help me manually activate the phone because it was still saying it was activated on the verizon system. After I got off the phone with Verizon, the Curve worked fine. I could make and receive calls, send sms and mms without a problem, browser worked and BBM worked. I thought all was well.

Until I realized I wasn't getting any emails. I used the DM to switch devices and move my info over from my Storm to the Curve. So when I rebooted the Curve my email accounts and icons were there and my old messages that were saved in the inboxes were there. But no new emails were coming in.

I resent the service books and did the register now and it seemed to have went through but I when I try and go to email settings to fix my BIS it won't let me. It is giving me an error message saying that my account has been suspended please contact the system administrator.

Any one know how to fix this? I appreciate any advice.
    04-03-09 10:29 AM
    Hey everyone,

Last night I finally gave in and switched my Storm to an 8330. My girlfriend switched to AT&T (don't really know why but whatever) and I took her Curve. She switched over two days ago and I had to call a customer service rep to help me manually activate the phone because it was still saying it was activated on the verizon system. After I got off the phone with Verizon, the Curve worked fine. I could make and receive calls, send sms and mms without a problem, browser worked and BBM worked. I thought all was well.

Until I realized I wasn't getting any emails. I used the DM to switch devices and move my info over from my Storm to the Curve. So when I rebooted the Curve my email accounts and icons were there and my old messages that were saved in the inboxes were there. But no new emails were coming in.

I resent the service books and did the register now and it seemed to have went through but I when I try and go to email settings to fix my BIS it won't let me. It is giving me an error message saying that my account has been suspended please contact the system administrator.

Any one know how to fix this? I appreciate any advice.
    Hey Hero...remember seeing you over at the storms forum. I had the same problem when I switched back and what you need to do is call VZW CS and tell them to transfer you to Tech Support. Cant remember what they did but it worked and has worked flawlessly since. You'll love the 8330...does everything you need it to without a battery pull.
    04-03-09 11:10 AM
    Hey Hero...remember seeing you over at the storms forum. I had the same problem when I switched back and what you need to do is call VZW CS and tell them to transfer you to Tech Support. Cant remember what they did but it worked and has worked flawlessly since. You'll love the 8330...does everything you need it to without a battery pull.
    Thanks a lot... Yea last night was pretty much the last straw for me with the Storm unless they come out with something very impressive as far as an OS. The lock ups and freezing and reboots were ridiculous so the Curve was there for me and I took the opportunity. I used to have a Curve a while back and it never gave me a problem. Hopefully it will be the same this time around

I'm going to try and call now. Thanks again
    04-03-09 11:20 AM
    Email will not work till the new ESn and PIN are entered into your BIS account. This lets the BIS know where to deliver the email. You can do this or call VZW tech and they will help 800-922-0204
    04-03-09 11:40 AM
    Email will not work till the new ESn and PIN are entered into your BIS account. This lets the BIS know where to deliver the email. You can do this or call VZW tech and they will help 800-922-0204
    "All representatives are helping other customers at this time." I've been on hold with tech support for the last half hour or so
    04-03-09 12:26 PM
    Sometimes it is hard to get though, hang in there though. Once though should only take a few minutes to resolve
    04-03-09 12:29 PM
    Sometimes it is hard to get though, hang in there though. Once though should only take a few minutes to resolve
    Ha finally got through...

Fixed it in about 5 seconds. She sounded pretty hot too
    04-03-09 12:40 PM
    Cool - glad to hear it is resolved and mail is flowing once again
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-03-09 at 01:07 PM.
    04-03-09 12:42 PM
    Excellent. Enjoy your Curve, nice device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD