I'm making the switch from a RAZR and a Palm Tungsten to a Curve. It looks like I should be able to use the Desktop Manager's Switch Device Wizard function to take the calendar, memos, contacts, from my Palm Desktop app and import everything to the curve. When I try, I get a gas gage screen saying translation started, and then it just sits there. Has anyone else tried this and been successful?

Thanks,
    ~epm
    08-16-07 01:36 AM
    News to me; I thought the Desktop Manager's Switch Device Wizard was just for BlackBerry-to-BlackBerry, no?
    08-16-07 06:41 AM
    No, there are two functions to choose from, one is BB to BB, the other is Palm/Treo to BB. It's choice #2:

Attachment 446

~epm
    08-16-07 07:27 AM
    Alternate solution: Maybe you should try synching your old stuff to outlook. Then synch your blackberry to outlook.
    08-16-07 12:40 PM
    I've seen that solution cited as a possibility. Currently I don't have Outlook on my computer, and I hate to load it just to move my Palm data to my Curve.

Thanks for the suggestion,
    ~epm
    08-16-07 04:39 PM
    Hard to say, but it seems 'data' some where is stopping the process from continuing. I take it, it's not showing the section of the transfer it's doing? If yes, that could be the part of the data that is causing the issue...

Ps: Thanks for the screen shot. I never use that wizard...
    08-17-07 06:43 AM
    Same problem here. The transfer wizard freezes up after moving 2005 of 2137 of of the calendar entries. AAGGHH! And I have no idea how to move the Palm data to Outlook. I never use outlook, and can't see any way to export data from Palm in any other format than a dbx file. HELP!
    04-28-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD