Need some help ... I just switched from a 73-something to a Curve 8310. I have three email accounts to check, so I don't like all my messages going to the "messages" folder. Unlike on my former BB, the message indicator does not show up on the email icons on the home screen so I never know which account has the mail. However, when I get a text message, a star appears there. Any clue why?
    02-09-08 08:52 PM
    Email>Options>General Options> SMS and email Boxes- Separate.
    02-09-08 09:01 PM
    Thanks for responding. Problem is, it's already marked separate. The separate icons are on the screen, too. I just don't have the red star on whichever acct has the mail like I used to, which is a pain in the ****.
    02-09-08 09:11 PM
    re-arrange your homescreen icons especially the first five, make sure all the three mailboxes are there, that way you should be able to know which mailbox just got a new message - yahoo? gmail? work? post back (how to: highlight icon of choice, press the BB button, select move, move it and press the BB button again to complete it)
    02-09-08 09:39 PM
    This is so frustrating. All three icons are there. I moved them all the way to the top. There's just no red star on whichever one has the mail. There's the yellow envelope with 33 beside it at the top of the home screen, but beside the email account icons, there's nothing. Yet the SMS icon gets a red star and it tells me how many messages are there. I don't want to have to look in each account to see where the mail is every time.
    02-09-08 09:49 PM
    Have you tried resending the service books?
    02-09-08 10:34 PM
    Well, I don't know what those are, but I already did it from the ATT BB site. Is is something I need to access? If so, where on earth is it?
    02-10-08 06:48 AM
    The only theme that will let me have three separate email acct icons and a separate SMS icon is the BB Dimension Zen. But it won't alert which acct has the mail. I've searched this forum, and Google too, I've sent the service books, I've chosen "separate" and also tried "theme controlled" on the options. I need my accts separate so I guess I'll just have to check all three whenever I have mail. I simply give up now :-(
    02-10-08 08:51 AM
    I have several e-mail accounts setup on mine and I am getting indicators on whichever account I have mail from. Strange you don't have an indicator on the folder correctly. And I made no setting changes at all.
    02-10-08 06:11 PM
    I have several e-mail accounts setup on mine and I am getting indicators on whichever account I have mail from. Strange you don't have an indicator on the folder correctly. And I made no setting changes at all.
    What theme are you using? Maybe that could be a difference?
    02-10-08 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD