early today i went biking and took my blackberry with me. well towards the end of the trip i went to send a text message and it was acting funny. whenever i hit the track ball star and pound would pop up and it wouldnt let me select anything. well on the way home i hung it out the window cause i figured it was the moisture from my sweat that messed the phone up. well it worked as soon as I brought the phone back in. my question is, is my phone gonna have any long term damage? will it be ok from now on? thanks guys.
    01-03-09 08:30 PM
    u hung your BB out the window of a moving car?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but anyway yea it should work fine now without permanent damage. u didnt drop it a bucket of water or anything.
    01-03-09 08:32 PM
    I guess it goes without saying I wouldn't make a habit of sweating on my BB but with this in mind you might take the battery out and let it dry out completely overnight then try it tomorrow just to be safe. Good luck, this should be no sweat. Sorry I couldn't resist
    01-03-09 08:34 PM
    u hung your BB out the window of a moving car?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but anyway yea it should work fine now without permanent damage. u didnt drop it a bucket of water or anything.
    yeah i was pretty angry at the time...at myself for taking my bb mountain biking. thank goodness i didnt tear it up for good. i've only had the thing for a couple of weeks.
    01-03-09 08:53 PM
    Get an Aqua-Pac.
    01-03-09 09:40 PM
    That sucks. Had something similar happen to a previous dumbphone. As was stated, should be fine as long as you let it dry thoroughly and don't make a habit of it.

I ride a motorcycle, and always take my BB. I get caught in the rain occasionally- get drenched. I wear a dual shoulder holster (looks like a gun holster) for my wallet, BB, digicam, since those are things that I need attached to me if I crash (and at my sides is the safest place). Anyhoo, I keep a few Ziplocs in the trunk to slide it in if I'm expecting rain.
    01-04-09 12:50 AM
    the otterbox case is great for outdoor stuff like that. If u use the plastic membrain, sweat would not affect it which I like a lot. U might want to think about that case for the next time u want to bike and still keep ur BB by ur side
    01-04-09 01:15 AM
    thanks guys! it's still working great but i was a little worried. i'm definately getting a case very soon!
    01-04-09 02:38 PM
    did it smell like an armpit?
    01-04-09 02:41 PM
    I agree with the masses try not hanging it out of a moving vehicle , but take the battery out and let it dry completely.
    01-04-09 02:42 PM
    Always take ziplocks bags with you anytime your going to be outside for any extended period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 05:00 PM
    yeah i realize that now. i put it in a ziplock the first 3 or 4 rides and then i just said screw it one day and just put it in my pocket. bad mistake.

doesnt smell like armpit as far as i can tell.

thinking bout picking up an otter box! those things look nice!

edit: should i still take the battery out and let it dry some? everythings working great now.
    01-04-09 06:53 PM
    01-04-09 06:55 PM
    I have the Otterbox Defender for my Curve. It's the best case I've found for camping, biking and general outdoor protection. It is NOT waterproof, but is great at protecting against dirt, impacts and even light moisture (i.e. condensation, brief exposure to misty rain, etc...). Again, it is NOT waterproof, but accompanied with a couple Ziploc bags, it should protect against even the worst elements.
    01-04-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD