So I bought a Curve last week, great device, however the speaker was faulty as well as my trackball and a few apps....Got a new device from my local at&t store today...when he put the sim card and battery in the new curve it lost all my contacts and all my settings (I thought it'd at least hold onto my contacts and such(lost over 100+ which absolutely sucks)...Is anybody having problems with e-mail, I had to run through the tutorial again and the server is not letting me connect to setup e-mail...it keeps saying "unable to connect to the selected provisioning server. Try again Later." Coverage in my house and area is great, I've got four bars and am on EDGE yet it can't connect for some reason. Any help would be appreciated.
    06-14-07 05:54 PM
    Please tell me before you took your 'old' device in, you did a backup with Desktop Manager? The sales person should have asked, really. That's the key, doing a backup, and then doing a restore on the new device...

Log onto BIS (service providers website). Once you do, it SHOULD ask you to verify the Pin for the BlackBerry and the IMEI number. Once you've done that you SHOULD be able to configure email etc. Also, once you do that the email address you already have on your account for pop up on your BlackBerry; if not, press the resend service books button...
    06-14-07 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD