About three days ago, my Curve 8310 started having major issues. It acts like the memory is being pushed to the max all the time - it takes a long time to bring up the app switcher, I lose characters when typing, background tasks (google sync, voice dialing address book sync) take forever and usually lock up the phone. A restart fixes it temporarily but I really don't get what's going on. I have noticed that the battery gets used up MUCH faster...even when I barely touch the phone during the day, it's at Low Battery by the time I get into my car to go home. (I recharge every night.)

Does anybody have any ideas?
    11-06-08 07:47 AM
    Do you use facebook?
    11-06-08 07:48 AM
    Trace your steps back before the problem, what have you done different? Have you installed anything new lately?
    11-06-08 08:11 AM
    Do you use facebook?
    Yes, I have the facebook app installed and I check it occasionally.
    11-06-08 08:14 AM
    Trace your steps back before the problem, what have you done different? Have you installed anything new lately?
    Sorry, I should have mentioned - I haven't changed anything. I just got an iPod Touch and I've been playing with that since before the Curve problems started happening, so I haven't installed or changed anything on the Curve. Maybe it's jealous!
    11-06-08 08:15 AM
    If you have viigo installed uninstall it. Total piece of dung that will cause all of the problems you describe. Especially if its not the only thing you have installed. Just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 08:24 AM
    Yes, I have the facebook app installed and I check it occasionally.
    I would remove it, this has been a problem for lots of people...
    11-06-08 08:24 AM
    Yeh, Im gonna put money on it, that its facebook causing your issues, remove it, and see how it functions
    11-06-08 08:25 AM
    If you have viigo installed uninstall it. Total piece of dung that will cause all of the problems you describe. Especially if its not the only thing you have installed. Just my opinion.

LOL, no Viigo, but I know what you mean about it being a big ol' memory hog!

Severe Deceit, thanks for the tip on Facebook. I don't use it that much, so I don't mind removing it.
    11-06-08 08:26 AM

I love viigo.. no issues here. Make sure you are closing it correctly, and there is also an option on there, that will make it close even if you just hit the escape key

in viigo, options, application, move to background on close, change to No,
    11-06-08 08:27 AM
    FYI, if you have Viigo set up as far as how many articles you receive and how often it updates, it won't use that much memory. With Viigo you do not want to leave it running in the backround, always close it out properly...
    11-06-08 08:29 AM
    I've removed Facebook; I'll check back in later today to report if it's still having problems. Would Facebook make the battery run down faster, though? Or is that a side effect of the memory issues?
    11-06-08 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD