i charged my device yesterday afternoon and this morning i noticed that the battery was almost 0% left so it shut down all radios. i had wifi on so i was wondering if it was caused by the connection?

i had similar experience when i stayed at a hotel, very high level, my blackberry drained so quickly over night because of bad reception.

i dont have many applications running so i guess its caused by the connections?
    07-11-09 09:30 AM
    WI-FI can cause battery drain. Turn it off charge it and see if that helps
    07-11-09 09:39 AM
    it was almost full around 11 pm last night, but this morning, 6:30 am, the status showed the remaining battery was 0% so the radios were turned off. That's quite amazing.
    07-11-09 10:18 AM
    Make sure you close any applications, those running could kill battery life. Also turn off Wifi when your not using it as like other devices it searches for signals all the time. Turn off bluetooth and make sure you use the Standby button. (:
    07-11-09 11:45 AM
    How do i check which apps are still running in teh background?
    I have 9530 & have the same issue. Somedays, sudeenly the battery goes from 90% to 40% within a few ours wout any usage.

I am using os 4.7.151
    08-30-09 12:40 AM
    I always make sure that I close all of my apps via the BB menu button..a few apps will keep on running if not closed down this way & drain the battery down to nothing.

I believe holding down the Alt button & clicking the Back button brings up your running apps...some will run all the time like the browser & BB Messenger that don't effect battery life much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 11:06 AM
    i charged my device yesterday afternoon and this morning i noticed that the battery was almost 0% left so it shut down all radios. i had wifi on so i was wondering if it was caused by the connection?

i had similar experience when i stayed at a hotel, very high level, my blackberry drained so quickly over night because of bad reception.

i dont have many applications running so i guess its caused by the connections?

That weird! The same
    thing happened to me the last two nights.
    I charge right before I go to sleep and when I wake up I've got a dead battery.
    I always close apps properly but I do keep wifi on. It has never been a problem
    Till now.

What's the deal?

Last edited by singh20001; 08-30-09 at 01:44 PM.
    08-30-09 01:40 PM
    Just happened to me for the first time ever. Went from 100% at 4pm yesterday to nothing at 5am this morning. Normally lasts 3 days with heavier use. Worst I've ever had is one day with extremely intense use. Signal is strong (at home). Just one added application (corporate) but not new. Only things used in weeks are e-mail, phone and browser. Strange.
    10-14-09 05:17 AM
    If your in a bad reception area, your phone will constantly be searching for service, thus draining your battery. Other iteams such as Wifi, GPS and open applications will add additional strain.
    10-14-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD