Sorry, but I'm brand spankin new to BB (and LOVIN it) however, I'm having a memory issue. I'm sure this has probably been addressed before, but I cannot find it so sorry in advance.

I just got my curve yesterday and have installed NOTHING except for contacts and calendar from outlook. Yet my memory is showing 11374652 free bytes, which according to everyone here is low.
    I tried to download a ringtone and it said file was too big.

If I haven't installed anything, why is this happening? Is there somewhere else I should be storing all my contacts? I only have 75, so I con't imagine that would hurt anything.

Once again, sorry for my newbie question...unfortunately, I'll probably have a lot more for you!

Thanks in advance!
    02-23-09 01:30 PM
    How many texts do you have saved? If you have alot delete them, pull the battery and then check options>status (your file free will improve) Here is a link that will help you as well.. IF you have many ringtones, video, pictures etc save them to the memory card, if you dont have a card you should think about getting one. Saving them to the card will keep them off the device memory. Make sure to close apps properly (menu>close) as well. For the most part this issue happens with people who text alot and dont remove old texts/emails.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-23-09 at 01:38 PM.
    02-23-09 01:35 PM
    I have songs save to the memory card...none are on my phone. No texts or email either. Like I said, brand new phone, no apps, no texts or emails yet. I've put nothing on here except outlook contacts and calendar.
    ????
    02-23-09 02:25 PM
    Alt - esc will show you what you have open currently on the phone. You will always have 5 of them. (phone, bbm, home screen, messages and browser) anything else is suspect and you should look into it. Try a battery pull as well as the link I posted earlier.
    02-23-09 02:28 PM
    Try doing a battery pull. And make sure you are closing out of apps rthe right way.. Options- close

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 02:28 PM
    Did you remove that ringtone? You can do it via the USB and mass storage mode. Just hit options>media card> enable mass storage mode then when you plug into your pc via the usb you can just browse like you would with windows and remove the tone. Sometimes if you try to remove media from the phone directly it will not go away, after a battery pull it usually does though....
    02-23-09 02:30 PM
    Can someone help me? I'm a BB newbie, and for some reason I am not receiving my work emails on my BB. Or when I do receive them it is hours later. But, i've recieved none today.
    02-23-09 02:56 PM
    Would be easier if you opened your own thread but try this...... log in and hit resend service books.

You can try to resend your service books from your BIS

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    02-23-09 03:01 PM
    okay, so i haven't installed anythin but facebbook app, deleted all messages and I always close out everything before I go back to the home screen. Did a battery pull and am still only running at 16K...unless I'm looking at the wrong place, which I don't think I am. I'm going to options, then status. I can't believe that FB would take up all the memory. This is crazy...maybe I got a bad device?
    02-23-09 11:48 PM
    No texts, emails, excessive apps, its new so I doubt the cache is over loaded at not to the point to drop you that much. Since its none of those I still tend to lean towards facebook. If it were me I would remove facebook and see what happens. Facebook made my phone inoperable (though alot have no issues) for testing I would disable it and then see what happens, you can always re-install it.

16mb is acceptable but IMO still low for you not having anything on your phone....Lets see what others say.....

You would benefit from the link I posted yesterday but seriously its not needed for out of the box......
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-24-09 at 12:34 AM.
    02-23-09 11:55 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry Nation Hospo! It is easy to get overwhelmed at first but Trem will get you fixed up! You will love your Curve and everyday with it will not be as today was! Stick around for a while and join in.

02-24-09 12:26 AM
    Thanks for the welcome...I am loving it here, everyone's so helpful! (and I love my BB!!!)

However, riddle me this...

I uninstalled Facebook and it only gave me 1K more file free. So without facebook I'm at 17K.
    Again, NOTHING is installed, it's out of the box. All I did was download my calendar and contacts from Outlook.
    There is no music on the phone and no pictures, they are all on the memory card.
    I have done a hard reset via battery pull (twice).
    Do I need to bring my phone back to T-Mobile & make them give me a different one?
    Also note, I close every window before leaving. I never hit stop or send. I'm a tad anal about apps running as I just came from a T-Mobile Dash which was a battery HOG if you left apps open.

Once again, thanks to all for your help!
    02-24-09 11:14 AM
    Could it be a corrupt memory card? Try removing card and check.

02-24-09 12:49 PM
    I did try that...memory card is fine. I'm baffled!
    02-24-09 12:57 PM
    Is it possible that a bad battery is somehow draining the memory? I'm new so thossing that out.
    02-24-09 01:57 PM
    Why not try re-installing the OS?
    02-24-09 02:58 PM
    When you 1st set up the calender did you select save "all" which would include all the old entries. If you do and have a very busy schedule & many back years maybe your memory issue is due to this?
    02-24-09 05:39 PM
    I did pick select all, but honestly, I've only been using outlook for about a year and sadly, my schedule is not that busy, lol.

I would try re-installing the os, but I'm not very tech saavy & will probably brick my phone if I try it.

I'm thinking I may go to T-Mobile today & ask them about this. Not that they would know, but it might be wortha try.
    02-25-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD