Completely stumped and hours wasted.

I have an 8310 with OS 4.5.0.110

I use to tether all the time with it on Vista and XP.

However, I do have 1 problem with the phone. I get that JVM error about once a month and have to wipe it and reinstall. Well, the last time this happened I can't get it to work as a modem with a particular netbook. It use to work!

1. I am able to tether to a desktop running XP.
    2. Same phone using Blackberry drivers DM4.7B50 and I can't query the phone as a modem on my XP netbook.

The error message received is "couldn't open port" and all of us that have been working with computers knows that means conflict. Well, I don't see a conflict, none of the other ports work (went up to 17 one day).

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong. btw, I am using the proper string for at&t.
    05-08-09 09:49 AM
    ONe thing I can recommend, but you leave yourself open for during this time. Disable the firewall on the computer. If it works then it is firewall issue. might be a TCP/IP stack problem as well.
    05-08-09 10:13 AM
    Well, I don't think it is either of those suggestions but I tried anyways to no avail.

The reason why it can't be either one of those options is because I can't query the modem. Which means I am not getting to point of communicating outside the computer and phone.
    05-08-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD