I've had my BB 8310 for 2 months now and have been very happy. However starting this weekend, at and near my apartment building I have noticed I can no longer get EDGE service. I always have 2-4 bars of GSM. If I walk about 50-100 feet from my building, EDGE comes back. Also randomly, EDGE will pop back on for 10-20 seconds, and then go out. I can still make calls, and send SMS, but everything else is not working. My fiancee who also has an 8310 is having the same issue.

I called AT&T and no matter how many times they transferred me, they always had me try a batttery pull, and to resend service books (both were tried numerous times). I told them that it seemed to be a tower problem, since I had tried it on two phones, but more of the same continued. I finally gave up and went to the AT&T store. The salesperson there looked up the tower closest to my apartment and said it looked fine. When I drive past the tower I get 5 bars of EDGE, but once I get to my parking lot (less than a half mile from the tower), it drops into GSM....

This is becoming very frustrating, but I don't know where else I can go for answers... Has anyone else experienced this? Will it eventually correct itself? I'm at 3 days now, and it's really getting on my nerves...
    08-25-08 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD