Its been just over 30 days since I purchased my first smartphone. I decided on a Moto Q 9c. Had I traveled during that 30 day period, I would have returned it. I haven't traveled however, until now. The battery life is VERY poor, the Internet access and email are very quirky, the only decent thing about it is the voice quality of phone calls.

Now I'm wishing I had gone with a Blackberry Curve. Apparently, it looks like I am stuck with a Moto 9c, and a two-year smart phone contract with Alltel.

Any suggestions on how I might somehow get a Blackberry Curve without spending a bundle of money?

Thanks,
    doulos
    02-24-09 03:31 PM
    I would suggest looking on eBay, Amazon and possibly Craig's List. Those are the places I've heard are good places to look for BBs. I would make sure that it is unlocked however.

Your other choice is going to your provider and paying the difference and getting the Curve from them and giving them back your current phone. I would definitely check into how much money that would cost before I would buy a phone somewhere else. You are already locked in a contract, you might as well get a phone you want if you can afford it through them anyway.

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 05:01 PM
    Ebay and craigslist. I would personally go for craigslist first since I could see the phone and inspect the h20 stickers and housing etc.

As far as online stores I have not shopped around for them since in my area they are quite cheap to get and always on sale or huge rebates - good luck.
    02-24-09 05:04 PM
    Battery life on the Motoq9c should be EXCELLENT. I had one for quite a while, 2-3 days is easy. The battery life should be better than a Curve.

One possibility is that maybe the Alltell rom has the registry hacked to run at 317mhz 100% of the time (or if someone else did it).

Normally the cpu runs lower than 100% to preserve battery, but a lot of Sprint users hacked it to run at 100%. This increases speed of the device but seriously, seriously hampers the battery life.

You can try looking up the registry hack values for cpu speed for alltell and see what they are set to.
    02-24-09 05:05 PM
    Well, I don't have one of the larger, extended batteries. It was near dead at the end of day one. I got the phone from Alltel, but I haven't modified it.

In various reviews I have read of poor battery life on a Moto, but it hasn't been an issue until now.

Battery life on the Motoq9c should be EXCELLENT. I had one for quite a while, 2-3 days is easy. The battery life should be better than a Curve.

One possibility is that maybe the Alltell rom has the registry hacked to run at 317mhz 100% of the time (or if someone else did it).

Normally the cpu runs lower than 100% to preserve battery, but a lot of Sprint users hacked it to run at 100%. This increases speed of the device but seriously, seriously hampers the battery life.

You can try looking up the registry hack values for cpu speed for alltell and see what they are set to.
    02-24-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD