I just got a sprint blackberry 8330, bought it online and just got it a few days ago.

When I am at home I get 1-2 bars and get very spotty call quality, like when I am talking I break up every few minutes when I guess the signal drops.

I live in a major market but at the bottom of a hill next to the water.

Is there a way to boost my signal or should I just cancel the phone? I had Verizon and it worked at my house.

Not really a blackberry question but...

I have not called sprint yet, I think I have 30 days to cancel my contract? is that correct?
    12-18-08 01:28 PM
    sounds like the service, if you have a house fone call Sprint and tell them about your issue, dont call everyday, but if you call enough they may upgrade you without extra costs, if it doesnt improve i would cancel and return the BB, :{
    12-18-08 01:32 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Do you have another friend with a different phone that can confirm that it is your location has spotty coverage? I'd talk with the Sprint rep who sold you your phone and find out what your coverage in your area _should_ be and if it's supposed to be good, then replace the phone and try that as well.
    12-18-08 01:33 PM
    I was wondering about signal boosters for the curve. I work in the basement of a library and don't get service down there. Are there any boosters out there that someone has used? Do they work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 01:37 PM
    I live in West Seattle which is like 10 minutes from downtown Seattle where I get full bars. Can do all that sprint TV stuff super fast at work but not at home.

The website for sprint says I have "average" reception so I am sure that's what the sprint guy will look at and try to tell me. Its not average haha.

I guess I am going to have to cancel it which is to bad because I really like this phone.

Have to do something quick, my girlfriend is threatening to break my phone because it annoys her so much when every 10th word gets dropped.
    12-18-08 01:45 PM
    Well they have the curve on like every carrier so you can still get this phone!

12-18-08 01:48 PM
    No one's tried an antenna booster?
    12-18-08 03:36 PM
    This place has a real good customer service reputation, check the forums there... and have a ton of boosters. Give em a call and I'm sure they could help you with what would work best for you:

EVDO Amplifiers : 3Gstore.com, Verizon & Sprint EVDO Modems, Antennas, Amplifiers, Routers
    12-18-08 03:41 PM
    Sprint offers many areas an in-your-house mini cell tower option. It's call Airave. Here's the link with all the details for you:

AIRAVE

I hope this helps.
    12-18-08 04:56 PM
    I was thinking something more like a small attachment or some kind of booster that goes under the battery...not like big antenna or amplifier.
    12-18-08 05:49 PM
    I was thinking something more like a small attachment or some kind of booster that goes under the battery...not like big antenna or amplifier.
    these types of boosters are a gimmick and dont work at all.

do not expect any type of network improvement anytime in the near future at your home unless you get some type of antenna booster, that you pay for out of pocket.

And they may ask you to turn it off if it interferes with their network.
    12-18-08 06:05 PM
    I figured they were...that's why I was asking if anyone had every tried them. I don't really need to use my BB at work anyway.
    12-18-08 06:08 PM
    Cancel, get T-Mobile. If you still don't get any coverage, get Hotspot@home and connect via WiFi to make calls.

This would only work, of course, if you have the 8320... Not sure if you said which Curve you had...

12-18-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD