I was messing with my crackberry (curve) the other day and I came across a setting that said like "background of messages" and you picked a color.
    and I changed it to see what it was

then I got a phone call, an e-mail, an Im, a whatever .. got busy and then when I looked at my phone the background of e-mails and texts are like striped.

I cannot for the LIFE of me remember where I changed this setting.

Please help. It makes me sick to my tummy to read e-mails now .. with the scrolling and the horrible colors.

Please and THANK YOU!
    Last edited by jenz; 07-24-08 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo in Title
    07-24-08 01:32 PM
    Hmmm.....I never knew you could do that.
    07-24-08 01:47 PM
    Go into messages hit your BB key (left of your trackball)options>general options and look under seperators it has option for none, stripes or line.
    Last edited by mobiman; 07-24-08 at 01:50 PM.
    07-24-08 01:47 PM
    Yeah...for some reason alot of the bb 8830 for Verizon love to be striped when u first get them...my company got over 100 of them and at least 75% were striped and I had to guess on how to change them...it isnt too bad but it can get annoying...
    07-24-08 01:59 PM
    Go into messages hit your BB key (left of your trackball)options>general options and look under seperators it has option for none, stripes or line.

I have my settings on stripe and I don't have anything like what the original poster described.
    07-24-08 02:03 PM
    Go to options> Security options>General settings and scroll down its in there. I had this too and it annoyed the **** outta me as well.
    07-24-08 02:05 PM
    Go to options> Security options>General settings and scroll down its in there. I had this too and it annoyed the **** outta me as well.

Not on mine.
    07-24-08 02:42 PM
    Not on mine.
    What OS are you running?
    07-24-08 02:45 PM
    Running 4.2.2.176 BES. I have it under Options/Security Options/General Setting/Message Background Colours/Enterprise and Others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 02:49 PM
    Running 4.2.2.176 BES. I have it under Options/Security Options/General Setting/Message Background Colours/Enterprise and Others.

Jeff I think it may be a BES setting. I have a swap that my carrier sent me that I never set up and I checked that one and it wasnt there, but on the unit I am currently using it is there and I'm on BES.
    07-24-08 02:55 PM
    Jeff I think it may be a BES setting. I have a swap that my carrier sent me that I never set up and I checked that one and it wasnt there, but on the unit I am currently using it is there and I'm on BES.
    I believe the Enterprise corresponds to BES and Others to non-BES.

07-24-08 02:59 PM
    I believe the Enterprise corresponds to BES and Others to non-BES.

You are absolutely correct however I believe that it appears after you have set up BES as a way to distinguish between BES messages and BIS messages as they all go to the messages inbox. I may be wrong however like I said on my other unit that isn't set up on BES this option does not exist.
    07-24-08 03:03 PM
    You are absolutely correct however I believe that it appears after you have set up BES as a way to distinguish between BES messages and BIS messages as they all go to the messages inbox. I may be wrong however like I said on my other unit that isn't set up on BES this option does not exist.
    I believe you're right. So you and I are in complete agreement with each other, but have we answered the OP's question?

07-24-08 03:11 PM
    I believe you're right. So you and I are in complete agreement with each other, but have we answered the OP's question?

Yes we are. LOL that is a good question. I guess that all depends on if she is running BES. If she is then she should have the option in security options.
    07-24-08 03:14 PM

I think so too.

I'm running 4.5.0.51 BIS
    Last edited by bettyn100; 07-24-08 at 03:51 PM. Reason: changed 2 to 5
    07-24-08 03:32 PM
    I think so too.

I'm running 4.2.0.51 BIS
    There you go thats why you didnt have it. You honestly wouldn't want it as it makes your message screen look like a candy cane. They are diagonal lines that alternate between the colour you choose and white and you literally get dizzy scrolling and reading an email. On 4.5 it is much better because it just outlines the the message. Much easier on the eyes.
    07-24-08 03:36 PM
    There you go thats why you didnt have it. You honestly wouldn't want it as it makes your message screen look like a candy cane. They are diagonal lines that alternate between the colour you choose and white and you literally get dizzy scrolling and reading an email. On 4.5 it is much better because it just outlines the the message. Much easier on the eyes.

Actually, I meant 4.5! Guess I better go change that.
    07-24-08 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD