My trackball is killin me. I can scroll up, down, left and right with no problem, but when I press the trackball to select, it won't respond; even if I press it hard. I have used compressed air, I have taken out the trackball and cleaned every little piece in there, but it still won't work. . .Has anyone had this problem, I wanted to know if someone had a solution that I could try before I notified my phone company?
    07-08-08 07:35 PM
    If you got it from a local retailer........and the warranty is still if effect......take it back and have them fix or drop a new one on ya homes.....
    no need to have uneeded drama.....
    07-08-08 07:37 PM
    Replace it buy one and replace it. Cellular Accessories - HTC, BenQ-Siemens, Dopod/O2, Samsung, NEC, SonyEricsson, BlackBerry, Acer, 3G, P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 07:40 PM
    Never heard of something like this before. If its still under warranty take it and replace it if not buy you a new one and replace it hope I could help.

07-08-08 08:03 PM
    Just replace it. Theyre cheap and it will probably work better than your original ever did.
    07-08-08 08:14 PM
    Isn't the pressure switch part of the phone circuit board, not part of the replaceable trackball assy?

07-08-08 09:06 PM
    Yes, thats where I think the problem is, on the circuit board, cause it couldn't be just the trackball section. . .I guess I have to just replace the whole thing. . .thanks to all!!
    07-09-08 07:45 PM
    Isn't the pressure switch part of the phone circuit board, not part of the replaceable trackball assy?

Yes, thats where I think the problem is, on the circuit board, cause it couldn't be just the trackball section. . .I guess I have to just replace the whole thing. . .thanks to all!!
    correct. if you can push it down, and you FEEL the trackball "click" and nothing happens, it's not the trackball.
    07-09-08 07:47 PM
    Everyone is suggesting to replace your trackball... but this is not where your issue lies. Unfortunately.

It will not be that simple! If you can, have your carrier replace the device... I am not sure how long the devices are under warranty, but this is hardware failure. This could possible be the circuit board or something more along those lines...
    07-09-08 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD