Hello,
    For months I often hear a strange noise when answering a call coming in to my phone (verizon blackberry curve). Both parties can hear the noise. It sounds like a loud cow or high pitched ENNN, lasting 1-2 seconds and after the other person always says "What the **** was that?" Strange...

I read someone that it has to do with the vibrate mode not shutting off in time. Is that the case? If so, is there fix? I leave my phone on vibrate. Want to make sure this is a known issue since verizon had no idea what it was and it has happened on 2 curves already. It is a little scary.

Thanks,
    NYU02
    05-27-09 07:00 AM
    I think I read here that a new os version address something like this. Do you have the newest and greatest os yet for your device?
    05-27-09 09:32 AM
    It sounds like you talking about the Speaker phone blast. Sometimes it sounds kind of like a bad fog horn. As plunkingtom said the newer OS (.138) generally fixes the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:41 AM
    I have v.4.5.0.77

that not the latest
    05-27-09 10:20 AM
    I have v.4.5.0.77

that not the latest
    have to get rid of that OS as quick as you can. many problems, downoad 138 like the other posts state. you'll be happier.
    05-27-09 10:38 AM
    Verizon says that is the newest software. I tried updating the software through my computer and it says there are no new updates.

any thoughts?
    05-28-09 09:13 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Same noise same software same lack of available updates. Any ideas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 08:17 PM
    Follow the links and direction in this post to upgrade your OS.
    05-29-09 08:20 PM
    Verizon, and it's website will say you are up to date. However, you can load any of the higher OS versions you want as long as you follow the directions about deleting the vendor.xml file before loading the OS to your BB.

Also, if you are using Desktop Manager 4.7, you will need to disconnect your internet before opening Desktop Manager, or it wont let you load the OS on your BB.

These OS versions will rid your BB of the speakerblast problem: 4.5.0.131, 4.5.0.138, and 4.5.0.160
    05-29-09 08:22 PM
    Also, if you are using Desktop Manager 4.7, you will need to disconnect your internet before opening Desktop Manager, or it wont let you load the OS on your BB.
    I would also recommend deleting DM 4.7 and downgrade to 4.6. For me it has been far less problematic.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22 should get you started.
    05-29-09 08:59 PM
    My phone has the OS verison of 4.5.0.168 and a business client said " What the ^%^&&" was that mooing sound?

Not good when your cell is a business line. Any other fixes out there for those who have recently upgraded to the latest OS?
    01-26-11 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD