Okay, searching turns up conflicting and confusing results and I'm not even sure the threads relate to what I'm seeing, so here goes.

I'm running OS 4.5.0.93.

Trying to figure out why Google Sync refuses to work, I was looking at my calendar items. When I set birth and/or anniversary dates for some of the people in my contacts list, those dates showed up in the "agenda" view of the calendar--sort of. They showed up on the date I entered, and again on the day after!

Figuring something got corrupted, possibly related to the last two OS upgrades I did, I followed instructions on a thread here to go into DM and delete the calendar database. Did that.

Now I want to sync up my calendar again, so the dates entered into the contacts list show up in the agenda view again, but hopefully this time only on the correct dates. I went into DM and the "Synchronize" area, and only date/time is checked. Is the "organizer" check box the one I want to sync between the calendar and the contact list? I did try that, and then tried to select the device application of "calendar" but when I try to configure that the only options it gives me is Yahoo! and ASCII. I don't want those, I want it to sync with the contact list.

All this mess has my brain fried, and I haven't even gotten to the part where I try to make Google Sync work again.

Help? What is happening here and how do I fix it?
    11-11-08 10:09 AM
    As an addendum, clearing out the calendar database seems to have fixed the Google Sync problem--I was able to sync up a single test event entered on the Google side. That still doesn't help me recover the birthdays/anniversaries from my contact list.
    11-11-08 10:31 AM
    So, bumbling through this on my own...

I've discovered that if you change the "date" to "none" for the anniversary and/or birthday fields in the contact, save it, then put the date(s) back in and save again, the event gets refreshed in the calendar--with a problem. There seems to be a bug (related to time zone? That was mentioned in a thread around here once) where it wraps the event around from 7PM the preceding day until 7PM of the actual day, causing the event to span two days on the calendar. I believe that's the source of the problem I initially saw, where events showed up on two consecutive days in the agenda view. I have the day start/end times set up appropriately--12am to 12am--but that has no effect on this behavior.

Thus far this problem only seems to crop up when the event is created on the BB and then sync'd up to the Google server. The workaround seems to be to set up the all-day event on Google first and then sync it down to the BB. Hopefully this is a known bug in the OS release and they're planning to fix it.
    11-12-08 09:59 AM
    Interesting in your 3rd post about the start to end for the day times. I had this problem early on and changed mine to 12a-12am and it worked to fix the problem I was having.
    11-12-08 10:16 AM
    Are you using 4.5.0.93, perchance? That was giving me all kinds of fits until I started using the work-around. Even when my time was set "wrong" (7a-5p) it was wrapping 7p-7p and, like I mentioned, shifting it to 12a-12a had no effect.

Aggravating.
    11-12-08 10:37 AM
    I am having this same problem. I tried changing the data in the contact and changing the beg/end time of day in calender. I'll be upgrading OS to .97 soon because of a memory leak in .77 though, so I'll check back with .97 and tell you if it fixed the problem.
    11-13-08 08:30 PM
    Cool, thanks for trying that! It's not that big a deal just to set up all-day stuff on Google Calendar instead of the the BB and then sync it down, but it's a little irksome that workaround is even needed.
    11-14-08 08:55 AM
    Update: After installing .97 last night, my birthday/anniversary entries changed from a two day event to a 6am to 6pm calender event. They changed from the blue highlighted all day event to a standard "bar" event from 6 to 6...
    I just went into the series and changed them all back to all day events and that fixed it. I only use the calender on my berry, I don't actually use the google or yahoo calender online so editing each one was faster for me. So far I like .97, I feel I still have a memory leak, but it seems smaller.
    11-14-08 09:37 AM
    Hmm. With (supposedly) the official AT&T 4.5 coming out any time now, I hesitate to go through yet another OS upgrade, but you tempt me. It's not the upgrade, it's the going through all my apps and re-registering them afterward.
    11-15-08 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD