Is there a way to stop a text message from going through once I've pushed send? On the phone I previously had, all I had to do what hit "end" and the message would be canceled.

There have been times when I've accidentally sent a text to the wrong person or have forgotten to say something, but I don't see a way to stop it on my Curve once I hit "send." Any suggestions? Thanks!
    09-17-09 10:57 AM
    nope, it's like email.
    there might be something that could just save those to drafts before you send them, but i'm not going to guarantee it.
    09-17-09 11:12 AM
    not really, i tihnk once I read something about an app that will help you , perhaps go to crackberry shop, but normally when you hit send there it goes
    09-17-09 11:23 AM
    Right, transmission is immediate. What you are wanting is something that will buffer the message for a few seconds to give you a chance to cancel it.

Currently I don't think there's any kind of app like that for the BB on the market.
    09-17-09 11:29 AM
    Thanks everyone!
    09-17-09 12:21 PM
    Many drunk nights I could have used something like this.
    09-17-09 12:23 PM
    You never drunk text me anymore...
    09-17-09 12:24 PM
    I so agree with you on this. But sober times too would be nice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 02:13 PM
    Actually Google has a "drunk text" kind of thing, it gives you a few seconds before it sends. I saw it on the news about a month or so ago. I never checked into it, but I bet you could do a search for it.
    09-18-09 10:44 PM
    yeah, google has mail goggles, it makes you do 5 math problems in 1 minute, any time you try to send an email at the times you designate you may be most vulnerable to it. lol.

but on topic, i thought i have seen somnething like that in BB App World. i was not free, but i could swear i saw it there. or maybe on BlackBerry Cool | The voice of the BlackBerry community.

can't say for certain, and sorry if i am sending you on a wild goose chase, but i am pretty sure i've seen something.
    09-19-09 06:55 AM
    I tried this once. Even sober it sucked doing the math questions to send email. talk about a pain in the ***, lol

yeah, google has mail goggles, it makes you do 5 math problems in 1 minute, any time you try to send an email at the times you designate you may be most vulnerable to it. lol.

but on topic, i thought i have seen somnething like that in BB App World. i was not free, but i could swear i saw it there. or maybe on BlackBerry Cool | The voice of the BlackBerry community.

can't say for certain, and sorry if i am sending you on a wild goose chase, but i am pretty sure i've seen something.
    09-19-09 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD