Hi all

I have an unlocked blackberry 8310 with Virgin (UK). I cant understand why on my bill there are loads of connections to the internet showing which is doubling my bill each month.

At first I thought that when I got it unlocked that maybe using the information I provided the person had somehow cloned my phone number/ phone etc and was using the connection is this possible?

I spoke to the provider and they were basically saying I was pressing a button to connect without realising. I only use my phone when i am texting or making a call, if that was the case the time it shows I was connecting to the internet would be roughly at the same time as i was texting/calling. This is not the case. Is there some sort of auto connection - checking for email etc etc that I am unaware of. The provider has disabled my connection to the internet at their end to stop the problem but there must be another way. I may want to browse the internet now and again or use the GPS feature (which i believe wont work now either) but as it stands I would have to contact the provider again, get them to enable the feature, use it, then ring back again!! It cant be that difficult?

Any help would be really appreciated!!
    10-18-10 04:37 AM
    Options > Mobile Network > Data Services > Off
    10-18-10 05:55 AM
    Exactly what Mama has said, turn data off in Networks options.

A BB will always use some data when its available its the nature of the BB. With keeping Data services off, you can turn it on to view a website or GPS, then just disable it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 07:19 AM
    Hi

Cheers for the answer guys!!! I thought it would be something simple, shame the service provider couldnt have told me that!!!

Cheers
    10-22-10 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD