I have been searching for an answer/solution to this for a while. Ever since I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.55 I have been unable to use Roxio Media Manager. I am able to connect to Desktop Manager to sync my Outlook Calander, Contacts and Tasks but when I open roxio media manager it indicates that "No Device is Connected." This problem doesn't appear to have anything to do with the media card. I previously had this issue before I even had a memory card and now that I just installed an 8GB card it still doesn't seem to recognize my device. Though I am able to transfer files to and from the card through windows file explorer.

Also, I have this problem on my home desktop running Vista Ultimate and at work on a Windows XP machine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    10-13-08 09:13 AM
    Does anyone have any feedback?
    10-13-08 08:35 PM
    what version of desktop manager do you have? I'm not sure if thats the problem but it couldnt hurt downloading DM4.6. It works for me.. also make sure you have your media card set to allow mass storage. Hope this helps you some..
    10-13-08 08:46 PM
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have already upgraded to DM 4.6 and I have enabled mass storage mode. Roxio still indicates that no device is connected. I also noticed that though it lists all of my removable storage drive letters in the lower left hand corner it doesn't list the drive letter that is mapped to my BB memory card even though its listed in windows explorer.

Any other suggestions?
    10-13-08 08:58 PM
    Hmm... ok when you upgraded to 4.5 what version of Dm did you have then? Is that when you startred having problems and went to DM 4.6? Also with vista you have to run it as admin. I plug my phone in first. another option unfortunatley might be upgrading to 4.5.0.81...its working sweet for me
    10-13-08 09:08 PM
    It was originally working when I was running OS 4.2 and DM 4.5. When I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.55, Roxio stopped working. I then upgraded to DM 4.6 and still had no luck. I was thinking about upgrading my OS to .81 but I've heard that a lot of people have run into errors and some have bricked their BB's. Have you noticed any significant improvements or additional features with .81?
    10-13-08 09:18 PM
    Yea I like this version alot better. The sound quality is alot better. Also seems to run alot faster . Works well with 4.6....I cant complain. Im just guessing here but it might be your issue.
    I had no problems doing my upgrade...just make sure you delete the vendor.xml file and use the app loader
    10-13-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD