So keep in mind I am totally new to blackberry...
    My contract has been up for a little while and I have been debating whether to get the Curve, or wait and see what comes out for Verizon in the next few months. But yesterday when I went to BestBuy my mom convinced me to get the Storm because it was almost the same price (Curve was $150 and Storm $200) and I have 30 days to see how I like it.
    I was originally hesitant due to the heaviness and the whole touch screen but I haven't been finding it too frustrating to type on.
    I thought I was liking it until it froze up on me. It has done this twice in 24 hours and I've had to take the battery out and stuff. Is this a common problem that anyone knows of or is it just my particular phone??
    And anyone have any opinions on whether I should keep the storm or return it for the curve??
    Thanks!!
    03-02-09 04:25 PM
    If you head over to the Storm Forums you can find lots of debate about this subject. I had a Pearl, tried the Storm for 25 days, and returned it for a Curve. The Storm was not reliable enough for me as I had random freezes and poor reception. Not everyone has had problems. Again - head over to the Storm forums for more user experiences.

People have been passionate about this subject - and Storm likes and dislikes in general - so be aware of that :-)
    03-02-09 04:45 PM
    To tell you the truth many of my friends that had the storm loved it at first but over time they find it less reliable then the curve. One of their storms keep freezing and overtime huge collection of dust builds up under the screen even though they only use nothing but the holster to keep their storm in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 04:51 PM
    So keep in mind I am totally new to blackberry...
    My contract has been up for a little while and I have been debating whether to get the Curve, or wait and see what comes out for Verizon in the next few months. But yesterday when I went to BestBuy my mom convinced me to get the Storm because it was almost the same price (Curve was $150 and Storm $200) and I have 30 days to see how I like it.
    I was originally hesitant due to the heaviness and the whole touch screen but I haven't been finding it too frustrating to type on.
    I thought I was liking it until it froze up on me. It has done this twice in 24 hours and I've had to take the battery out and stuff. Is this a common problem that anyone knows of or is it just my particular phone??
    And anyone have any opinions on whether I should keep the storm or return it for the curve??
    Thanks!!

I haven't tried Curve however my storm has been great, never once had a freeze, same goes with my workmates with the same phone. Must be luck of the draw. Perhaps swap it for a new storm under warranty? Fleur
    03-02-09 04:54 PM
    I had the Storm myself and had the same freezing problems. Drove me up the wall. I changed to curve and haven't been happier.
    03-02-09 06:05 PM
    Just reading these few replies about the Storm, I would have to switch to the curve. That being said I have the 8330 & I'm 100% happy. YMMV
    03-02-09 06:13 PM
    I'll try not to be biased. The curve rules hands-down. No jk. I think the Storm is good, especially if you wanna level your tables flat or just wanna be a Jedi with all the Xcelerometer apps lol. It pretty much comes down to preference. I like typing on a keypad, not a screen. They're both BlackBerrys with business, professional stuff. They're power organizers for any type of person. The curve, being out a long time, has become more and more stable with its updates. The Storm will keep getting the same treatment in the upcoming months. As the above poster says, he hasn't come by a freeze since he lives in Tahiti. Haha jk. If he does, pure coincidence lol. I haven't tried a Storm either but it may not be as bad as what people are cracking it up to be. It's because most people came from a Curve to a Storm and it is a big step apart so they usually come runinng back from the vastly different habitat of a Storm. Since this is your first BB there is no bias or sentimental value. Keep playing with the Storm. But also play with the Curve in the store or a friend's and watch youtube reviews, holding your phone up to the monitor to compare because once your 30 days are up, you're either gonna smile under your tears or cry behind your smile lol. Just turn your Storm the same way the Curve is in the video and imagine those were your hands holding it.
    My brother has an iPhone and while it is really nice, I just can't stand the typing. So many mistakes and to go to numbers or punctuation marks is a hassle. An all-touch phone has to be mega awesome if I'm gonna get one. To better help you, what do you see yourself texting with while driving? Lol

P.S. - People who switch from a Storm from a Curve usually become happy campers. Vice-versa, not so happy. But it's all preference and tolerance.

Posted from my CrackBery at wapforums.cwackberry.com
    Last edited by filipinoy973; 03-02-09 at 06:23 PM.
    03-02-09 06:20 PM
    thanks for all the advice! I'm gonna keep playing around for the week with it and see what I think...
    03-02-09 06:29 PM
    I have owned both the Storm and Curve. As much as I like the Storm, I went back to my trusty Curve. My business runs fast and furious and I am much faster using a keyboard. The Storm is a great phone and I liked a lot but I am on my Curve for emails, text, etc all day and speed is necessary. I don't have to think, just react and get the job done. IMHO, having said that, the Bold is even faster working. PS I own one of them too. I am anxiously waiting for the Niagara and will get it on day 1 of its release.
    Last edited by CSI Guy; 03-08-09 at 11:24 PM.
    03-02-09 06:36 PM
    I really am enjoying my Curve. My son got the Storm at the same time I got the Curve...he loves it...I think I would have had a difficult time with it...but then again...I'm old...maybe that's my problem! lol
    03-02-09 07:30 PM
    It depends on what you like, I mean honestly I haven't really had much time to play with the Storm but for all means it looks like it's for people that don't really use there phone much and the Curve is really used for multiple tasks etc. Idk for each their own good luck on your pick.
    03-02-09 07:33 PM
    i have come bak to my curve from the storm, storm had way too many problems. i stuck with it for 5 months and gave in as glitchy, and unreliable. I did all the updates and still no good, bak to my curve and realiability. Storm looks good thats it. sori to all storm owners-but u know its true!!!
    03-03-09 03:02 PM
    I know its true. I a
    m waiting for an update. If it does not happen by march 16th when my 30 days days r over

03-03-09 03:20 PM
    I would go with the Curve, the Storm still needs more time...
    03-03-09 03:22 PM
    Curve, curve, curve!!!

Because I have one :P
    03-03-09 03:26 PM
    I wanted the Storm sooo bad, but now that I'm trying it out, it is making me crazy! Texting is so slow, and the wobbly clickscreen drives me nuts! (I'm not about to experiment with the business card trick or even updating to an unofficial OS, I consider this phone something rented!) I'm only keeping it until I get a Curve off eBay instead, and will save my upgrade for the new BB's coming out in May/June.
    03-03-09 03:29 PM
    I don't own a curve, but I came from a "dumb phone" to my storm. I have to get used to the keyboard and typing on it....otherwise I'm very happy with my storm.

I have a leaked operating system that REALLY helped, plus they now have theme's and the app store is rumored to launch sometime this month.

One of my co-workers has a curve, and it seems cool and everything, but I don't like the trackball (I'm told that is a getting used to thing) and the screen is smaller and I don't like that.
    IIRC they are both 3g and they both have theme's and leaked OS's and tons of apps.
    Its really up to you tho. My storm never froze on .75, but did it twice a day with 109 and went to 0mb free. .99 seemed to work a lot better and haven't had any problems since
    03-03-09 03:30 PM
    storm all tha way!!!!!!!
    03-03-09 03:57 PM
    Want a solid device, get the curve........
    03-03-09 05:51 PM
    Storm absolutely sucked for me. It would have taken me forever to type this plus after 2 weeks I had enormous dust under the screen that would have just got worse. It drove me nuts and returned it for my Curve and have been very very happy with it. This phone is great in every aspect. I highly recommend it. I wish I got this first and saved myself all the aggravation.

03-03-09 07:11 PM
    I think the Storm has alot of potential, but in the long run I believe the Curve is more for a heavy user if you like use it to receive your emails and heavy texting. I believe the Storm is more for a lightish user. because of the whole texting issue and for the emails. But that's each their own.
    03-03-09 07:34 PM
    As someone who uses both i would have to say my curve has been more stable and reliable. The Storm is a great device but still needs alot of work to get to where it needs to be. If you are emailing alot, texting alot, and heavy talking, i would say the Curve is where you need to be.
    03-04-09 11:02 AM
    Man I'm in the same boat as the OP. My 30 days with the storm are up on the 8th and I'm going back and forth everyday.
    I originally had a curve and loved it. I love the storm too but I have to agree with the last 2 posts.

The storm has tremendous potential but I really don't think it's suited for the corp environment. We've deployed about 20 or so and no one likes them. The women have the most problems because of fingernails...

I use my BB everyday all day. I love my storm when I'm playing with it.....but when I "have" to do something with it it's frustrating. The curve is great and when i had it there was nothing I couldn't do with it efficiently and it was fun to use.........

Now with all that being said, it will be very hard to go back to the curve and give up the extremely fast browser......RevA, and the upcoming RIM app center, the high res display, and the cool factor. It's a tough decision because I'm like everyone else, I hate to feel like I'm stepping backwards, or downgrading........The curve just flat out works period.

I've still got 4 days to make a decision and I'll let everyone know what happens.
    03-04-09 11:54 AM
    Curve all the way

03-04-09 11:56 AM
    i had a storm for about 2 weeks and returned it for an 8330 curve because i needed somethign more solid and reliable. i found myself monitoring memory leaks too often to even enjoy the device.

however i will see if you put this same thread in storm section youll get storm storm storm i would go to verizon and play with both. i baby my devices and felt like i could never be comfy with the storm because it felt so fragile but thats my opinion. i love my curve and im going to keep it until the cdma curve 8900 equivalent is released.
    03-04-09 12:10 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD