I need some step by step instructions to install os 4.5 on my bb curve. I am on a windows xp computer running version 4.2 on my bb curve.
    10-12-08 02:54 AM
    Do a search there are LOTS of how to's already posted...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 03:03 AM
    If you are asking questions about how to upgrade your OS then I feel now may not be the right time to do so. I dont want to appear rude but it's far better to spend time getting used to both your BB and the correct procedure. The process of upgrading is relatively straightforward if followed correctly but it is possible for things to go wrong .

This site is a good resouce for learning . Take some time to read some of the articles on this site. Ill give you this as some intial reading material.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    10-12-08 03:35 AM
    Thanks!! I have soo many questions I dont even know where to begin!! First off, I replaced my speaker because the speaker was broken when I bought the phone, but for some reason the speaker (speakerphone) is VERY low. I can barely hear any ringing coming out of it. Why is this?
    10-12-08 04:39 AM
    Did ya do a search? Nope? Thought not!
    10-12-08 04:41 AM
    I searched, tried everything and no luck. When I am in my media player I can hear it if the whole room is silent at maximum volume. What gives? The connection cant be loose or else it would not work at all correct?
    10-12-08 04:48 AM
    1. Which device are you using? Your profile does not say.
    2. Are you talking about the earpice souder or the loudspeaker?
    3. Does the sound get louder when you use earphones?
    4. Where did you get the new part? Was it new?

The more information you put into CrackBerry the more likely you are to get a resolution. This is not aimed specifically at you and I am not being mean. I want to help - although I am not sure yet what is wrong.
    10-12-08 04:58 AM
    1. The 8310
    2. loudspeaker
    4. Yes
    5. I got it from cnn.cn

I cant use my bb as an alarm clock or get any ringtones because of the low volume issue.
    10-12-08 04:59 AM
    This sounds like you may have a hardware problem I am sorry to say. It is possible that cnn.cn shiped you a bad unit but they are normally pretty reliable.

Presumably the phone volume from the in-phone earpiece is working and you can hear phone calls well enough. BUt, dies the loudspeaker work during a call if you press the speaker key? I ask this because the BlackBerry puts its audio out through different software channels and I am trying to find out if the is the speaker/audio output or a software problem. If all the speaker functions are not working then it all points to hardware. If just one of them works then it's software.

If it is hardware, then your problem is one of two things:
    • a bad speaker unit from cnn.cn
    • a hardware fault in the phone
    Without a spare phone and/or speaker to play swich about with, there is no way to test which part is faulty as I am sure you already know.

My last question for you is what caused the original failure of the original speaker?

LAstly, when my phoone had a hardware problem, I sent it to BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices who did a good job with a fast turn around. This may be you next option.
    Last edited by Pete6; 10-12-08 at 05:17 AM.
    10-12-08 05:12 AM
    if it is a hardware issue my phone is basically "done" correct? ! I went to the website, it does not seem like they can repair loudspeakers as an option for that is not present.
    10-12-08 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD