I got this when sending a MMS to someone. There was a little "D" character over the check mark icon for the message.

Does this mean that the message was rejected by the user's service or that the user conciously rejected my message?
    06-19-09 09:47 AM
    What service provider do they use? Does regular SMS work fine?
    06-19-09 10:16 AM
    The little "D" over the checkmark means your message was delivered. The "D" stands for delivered. I don't know anything about the message being rejected. I didn't think anyone could do that. I'm sure you'll find your answer here. Sandra ")

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 10:29 AM
    What service provider do they use? Does regular SMS work fine?
    I'm not sure, to tell you the truth. It was the first time I have received this message.

I can send SMS's to that number without any return messages for statuses. The problem there, though, is that I don't think I get status updates on SMS's. I'm on AT&T and my options don't give me an option to turn on status messages. So, for all I know, they could be rejected as well without me every knowing.

This is the very first time I have ever received the "D" character above a check mark icon.
    06-19-09 10:56 AM
    I have verizon and when I SMS another verizon customer a "D" always shows up above the checkmark showing it was delivered. Everytime I MMS someone, regardless of the other person's carrier, a "D" will always show above the checkmark once its been delivered.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 06:31 PM
    The odds are they just rejected the MMS. I don't know why the "D" would come up on AT&T, but what it most likely means is that the MMS made it to the person's phone, however they declined it.
    06-19-09 09:39 PM
    The odds are they just rejected the MMS. I don't know why the "D" would come up on AT&T, but what it most likely means is that the MMS made it to the person's phone, however they declined it.
    As said above, the "D" stands for delivered.
    06-20-09 12:09 AM
    I got this when sending a MMS to someone. There was a little "D" character over the check mark icon for the message.

Does this mean that the message was rejected by the user's service or that the user conciously rejected my message?
    If they have to pay for MMS messages, they may BLOCK them from the firewall (this is an option on the 8320 from T-Mobile)

OPTIONS > Security Options > Firewall
    under the block incoming message section you can block email, SMS, MMS.
    You can also block all messages unless they are from contacts in your address book, or Specific addresses.

I set mine to block MMS, unless they come from people I know in my address book. And it shows that someone sent 1 MMS message (no idea when), who was not in my address book. And never got a notice that a MMS had come in, so if they have it set to block them, they will have no idea that they even came in. Also if they can't get MMS, then they won't even get a notice as well, depending on the carrier they are using.

Do they respond to SMS or emails sent to them? If so, ask them if they can get picture text messsages. Then you will know if they reject them off hand or not.
    06-20-09 01:06 AM
    I have gotten the same message before! I know that the person I sent it to did not reject it, because I was sitting right beside him. It also showed the "D" and it said message rejected by recipient. So im not sure why it does that. Maybe just a ATT thing?
    06-20-09 01:37 AM
    Thanks for all the responses!
    06-25-09 10:42 AM
    This is most likey an att thing. Most carriers have a limitation for size, shape, and format. On top of that the type of phone your sending it to can cause an issue. If you using a blackberry with a 3 mp picture and send it to a phone that doesnt support the pic then the carrier will reject the message and not deliver it or notify the recipent.
    08-20-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD