I did some searches on the CrackBerry forums and Google as well and couldn't find an answer to this...

I am currently deployed to Iraq. My wife just got us both the Curve 8330 and she'll be sending me mine so that once I hit the states on this last flight home, I'll have my phone.

In the meantime, I want to be able to get online with it just to mess around and learn how it works. Obviously I don't have the Sprint network to connect to. I suppose if the 8330 had wi-fi capability this wouldn't be a problem since we have wireless internet in my tent. But it doesn't, which brings me to my question...

Can I connect my Curve to the internet through my laptop in my room...either through the USB cable or Bluetooth?

I'm a total beginner...so in phrasing your replies please remember I am not conversant in Blackberry speak yet. I am working to remedy that, though... =)
    06-30-09 12:47 PM
    So sorry, but no way to connect like you ask... Best thing to do would be to look over the beginner tutorials on here and work through your settings to learn them so you'll be able to spend less time fiddling with the phone when you get home, and more time on the bigger things, like saying hello to your wife. Think she'd send me an 8330 too?

Good luck, and thanks for your service!
    06-30-09 01:31 PM
    So sorry, but no way to connect like you ask... Best thing to do would be to look over the beginner tutorials on here and work through your settings to learn them so you'll be able to spend less time fiddling with the phone when you get home, and more time on the bigger things, like saying hello to your wife. Think she'd send me an 8330 too?

Good luck, and thanks for your service!
    I figured it was probably a long shot...thanks for the reply.
    06-30-09 01:54 PM
    You're welcome... and, BTW... you can reverse that process and connect your laptop through your bb once you get a data account. That's the only way I connect from home when I need to get online with my laptop, using bluetooth to the bb. Works great.
    06-30-09 02:14 PM
    Nah sorry man.. Come home safe. I lived in a Tent there for 3 months during the summer. It sucked
    06-30-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD