My friend just bought a used curve and he is saying that anytime he is on the phone the other caller sounds muffled and sometimes there is some static. He has the 8330 running 4.5.0.66. I had him do a battery pull and also make sure his volume levels were all the way up but that didn't help. I'm wondering if this is some kind of speaker issue? Has anyone else had this issue or know of a solution? Thanks guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 12:15 PM
    hi keegs - have your friend check his setting for the enhanced call audio by hitting send button for dial screen>options>general options>enhance call audio

check the settingto see if maybe its on bass boost-and make a change if needed.

i hope this helps the problem!
    03-21-09 01:13 PM
    that sounds like it could also simply be a network problem.. poor signal or something like that.
    03-21-09 01:16 PM
    I had a similar problem with a used Curve off of eBay. The audio during calls was buzzy and distorted sounding, just horrible. Sounded ok on speakerphone and when using the music player though.

Ended up returning it to the seller, who got it replaced under warranty. I got a refund on the transaction. See if your friend can contact the seller and work out returning the phone for a refund. Hopefully, the seller can get the phone replaced under warranty. If your friend mentions the possibility of getting a new or refurbished phone to the seller, then the seller is more likely to accept the return for a refund.
    03-21-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD