My 8320 has lots of static when listening to music and podcasts. Worst when the volume is low. The static is apparent both using headphones or through the speaker. I don't use the OEM headphones either. Is this an OS or hardware issue? I am running 4.5.0.81.108.

thanks,
    01-29-09 11:52 PM
    Nobody else has this issue?
    01-30-09 11:00 AM
    It could be either OS or hardware. I've never experienced this, so I don't have any quick or meaningful answers.

In the meantime, consider this a free bump.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 11:54 AM
    Your running 4.5.0.81 correct? When I had .81 mine did it too. But for me it was only when listening to xm radio using the speaker. When I put the headphones on it went away. Doesn't do it anymore now that I'm on .124.

01-30-09 11:55 AM
    Your running 4.5.0.81 correct? When I had .81 mine did it too. But for me it was only when listening to xm radio using the speaker. When I put the headphones on it went away. Doesn't do it anymore now that I'm on .124.

so how did you go about upgrading your OS. Did it affect any of your apps? Thanks for the info.
    01-30-09 02:37 PM
    Follow the instructions in the first post to do the upgrade:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137573/

The process will do a backup of your apps. and contacts/logs/messages automatically, then restore them to your phone after the new OS is installed.
    01-30-09 03:00 PM
    I guess I'm hesitant to do a system upgrade not knowing if it is going to fix my initial problem and potentially creating new ones. My phone works great as it is.
    01-31-09 01:43 PM
    Follow the instructions in the first post to do the upgrade:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137573/

The process will do a backup of your apps. and contacts/logs/messages automatically, then restore them to your phone after the new OS is installed.
    Correct, this is how I did my upgrade. But to be safe I also backed up my third party apps just to be on the safe side. My phone ran ok on .81....but I wasnt running tmo's version of it either. Some complain about it and some say its fine. I cant say that .124 will correct your issue but its up to you.
    01-31-09 01:49 PM
    Ya, I'm new to the BB and i've had my phone for 3 months so I really don't want to risk screwing it up..hah
    01-31-09 02:58 PM
    Ahh...when you get used to it a little more you will be doing upgrades. It does seem like a daunting task but it isnt that bad. Just follow the instructions and remember 2 things. 1...backup your stuff regularly. 2 dont unplug it until it says is succesfull. Other than that its normally cake work. Besides..theres Crackberry...if you have problems we got answers..lol
    01-31-09 03:04 PM
    My 8320 has lots of static when listening to music and podcasts. Worst when the volume is low. The static is apparent both using headphones or through the speaker. I don't use the OEM headphones either. Is this an OS or hardware issue? I am running 4.5.0.81.108.

thanks,
    i have the same problem with my 8310 curve and i have used to different curves in the last 2 months, and they both have had the same problem.
    I dont know how to fix it...
    07-12-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD