Before writing this I should note I switched to VZW's official 4.5 update today.

In previous standby thread problem threads, the people can't get standby to come up. I don't have that problem. Everytime I hit the mute button, it gives me the message and goes into standby. BUT, when I click the menu button or the end call button, any of the four buttons above the keypad, the screen lights up. It remains on standby and shows me the message, but when I used to have 4.3 in, no matter what I hit, it would remain a blank screen. Heck, if I hit all of the keypad buttons randomly and enough times, the screen lights up again. It remains lit for about 2-3 seconds and shows me the standby message, then goes back to standby.

Anyway to change a setting so that it remains blank, even if a button is pressed in standby?
    11-07-08 03:05 AM
    This seems to be a feature. My 8310 does the same thing. It's a pretty useful thing for the phone to do because you know what state the phone is in when you press a key. I cannot find a way to disable this in any of the Options.
    11-07-08 05:09 AM
    Yes, i posted this in the 4.5 Feedback thread. i'm not a fan of this new feature.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vzw...08/index4.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-07-08 at 05:50 AM.
    11-07-08 05:48 AM
    Well it is nice foe checking time and message counts without taking out of standby.
    11-07-08 07:07 AM
    That's a good point. i suppose it's best to look at the positive points since we're stuck with it like this! Ha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 07:08 AM
    I actually like this new feature with the 4.5/standby,like another mentioned, I can quickly see if/what messages I may have if my LED if off etc, and by hitting those 4 buttons and it comes on, at least I know my phone isnt dead LOL
    11-07-08 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD