I have a Treo 700w with Verizon Wireless. VW contract is up on April 20th. Should I get the Curve when it comes out from Sprint on April 20th or wait until VW has it in May?
    04-08-08 12:16 PM
    It's your preference really and which has better coverage for you. Keep in mind Sprint doesn't have MMS if you use send a lot of those out.
    04-08-08 12:19 PM
    I have a Treo 700w with Verizon Wireless. VW contract is up on April 20th. Should I get the Curve when it comes out from Sprint on April 20th or wait until VW has it in May?
    Depends on what you are looking for. Sprint is known for cheaper prices on their price plans and features, and cool phones. However, Verizon has better customer service and a better network. Some Sprint supporters will deny that, but, well, JD Powers, Consumer Digest, and Industry Analysts, all rank Verizon at the top in both of those categories. I will add that many Sprint users have been happy with their service. For me, I have had Sprint, ATT, and Verizon, and although I pay more, I prefer the voice quality of my ATT and Verizon phones over Sprint. And I have definitely had better coverage with Verizon and ATT over Sprint. Not trying to sway you one way or the other. Toyota and Honda have the highest Blue Book Value and are usually regarded as having the best cars, yet many people buy Fords and Chevy's, which are generally cheaper in price, and definitely hold less Blue Book value.
    04-08-08 12:24 PM
    Depends on what you are looking for. Sprint is known for cheaper prices on their price plans and features, and cool phones. However, Verizon has better customer service and a better network. Some Sprint supporters will deny that, but, well, JD Powers, Consumer Digest, and Industry Analysts, all rank Verizon at the top in both of those categories. I will add that many Sprint users have been happy with their service. For me, I have had Sprint, ATT, and Verizon, and although I pay more, I prefer the voice quality of my ATT and Verizon phones over Sprint. And I have definitely had better coverage with Verizon and ATT over Sprint. Not trying to sway you one way or the other. Toyota and Honda have the highest Blue Book Value and are usually regarded as having the best cars, yet many people buy Fords and Chevy's, which are generally cheaper in price, and definitely hold less Blue Book value.
    You said what is 100% true. I wanted to go to sprint until I started working as a CSrep. So many outages and delays. Sprint does have better plans, but how good is a plan when the service is down. I've been with verizon since 2000 and have never had issues with my service that I didn't cause.
    04-08-08 12:35 PM
    You said what is 100% true. I wanted to go to sprint until I started working as a CSrep. So many outages and delays. Sprint does have better plans, but how good is a plan when the service is down. I've been with verizon since 2000 and have never had issues with my service that I didn't cause.
    I've had Sprint since late 2000, and never once had an issue with my service. I travel all over the US and it has worked great!

You're going to get a lot of different opinions, but it comes down to where you live and how the coverage is in your area. Briankeith likes AT&T, and I have a friend that has flawless coverage with AT&T in Kansas City, but I hear complaints all the time from freinds here in Phoenix with AT&T.

The one common thing here is, going to a BB and getting rid of that Treo is without doubt a great choice!
    04-08-08 12:40 PM
    Have you been with sprint before? If you have and you were happy with their service then cool.

However, I DO NOT recommend sprint at all. I got so fed up with sprint, you pay a high cost monthly and receive no services. Why pay $60 a month to get nothing when you can go to another carrier and get unlimited txt and internet.

I've heard that verizon is pretty good. Are you happy with your service at verizon, if you are and you don't mind the wait I'd say wait till may
    04-08-08 12:42 PM
    Yea I wouldn't recommend Sprint if you have never used them before. If you have used them before then I would go with them as long as their coverage is good for you.
    04-08-08 12:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry, I haven't had trouble with Sprint, but good luck in what you decide!!
    04-08-08 12:51 PM
    Have you been with sprint before? If you have and you were happy with their service then cool.

However, I DO NOT recommend sprint at all. I got so fed up with sprint, you pay a high cost monthly and receive no services. Why pay $60 a month to get nothing when you can go to another carrier and get unlimited txt and internet.

I've heard that verizon is pretty good. Are you happy with your service at verizon, if you are and you don't mind the wait I'd say wait till may
    Wow!!! Someone thinks that writing in pink makes their statements true!

Sprint by far gives you the best deal when it comes to BB! Sprint and Verizon charge more because of EVDO. Let's not forget the GPS, Sprint TV, Sprint Radio, Unl Text.
    04-08-08 12:56 PM
    I would suggest that you look at the coverage for the area that you are usually in and the areas you frequently travel. Make your decision based on coverage, features provided that are important to you, and of course cost.
    04-08-08 01:23 PM
    Get it from Verizon Wirless.
    04-08-08 03:03 PM
    I'd say stick with Verizon if they have treated you well. In my area at least, I think their coverage is much better.
    04-08-08 03:11 PM
    I had verizon wireless for the longest time. Then switched to sprint with the family 2 years ago. Honestly I cant tell a difference between the two. I feel the coverage is the same, customer service is... well the typical customer service now these days. I did notice that verizon really crippled the phones they carried, which was annoying. I cant say how their blackberry's are since I always had some sort of a flip phone with them. My plan has ended with Sprint, and I plan on staying with them and getting the Curve.
    04-08-08 03:17 PM
    Wow!!! Someone thinks that writing in pink makes their statements true!

Sprint by far gives you the best deal when it comes to BB! Sprint and Verizon charge more because of EVDO. Let's not forget the GPS, Sprint TV, Sprint Radio, Unl Text.

Hey King21
    Awwww...somebody doesnt like to be argued with. Hands down, Verizon coverage and customer support are better. Sprint still has instances of transference issues (moving coverage of a call from tower to tower as you move) and outages in wide areas; especially when they claim they are "updating" their services. Oh...and the pink needs to not be brought into this. She was making a point in whatever font she chose.

Also, cosider where you travel and the fact that Sprints network follows highways and interstates; however, fails to venture far from such infrastructures when in low population density areas (as well as low per capita areas).
    Last edited by JR8830; 04-08-08 at 03:22 PM.
    04-08-08 03:19 PM
    Toyota, Honda, and Chevy don't deserve to be in the same forum as Ford. You better take a look at Blue Book and the price and quality of cars before making that analogy.
    04-09-08 01:51 PM
    Toyota, Honda, and Chevy don't deserve to be in the same forum as Ford. You better take a look at Blue Book and the price and quality of cars before making that analogy.
    Dude, my point in my post was very clear, and so was my analogy. Really, Toyota and Honda are on a level of their own, they are the tops. I don't understand why you felt the need to clarify the blue book value, but again, my point was clear. Thanks for your views on blue book and car quality, which wasn't even the point of discussion, rather, just an analogy that was clearly understood by everyone except for you. Way to go.
    04-09-08 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD