I still can't send text messages while I'm on the phone consistently. Sometimes it will let me send a couple before it stops and I get the dreaded red X. Sometimes it won't let me send any. I read someone saying they had the same issue and the 4.5 upgrade fixed it. I upgraded and still have the same problem. Does anybody know of a solution to this? I've had this issue since I got my curve. Sprint has replaced it, tech support has done some stuff nothing seems to work. Any help will be appreciated.
    02-17-09 01:43 PM
    Nobody?????????
    02-18-09 11:42 AM
    i'm with VZW (also CDMA) and i'm able to send and receive SMS fine while on a call.

hopefully someone with sprint can help you out.
    02-18-09 11:45 AM
    i had 4.5 and i was able to send and recieve but my stupid button for my battery cover broke off and sprint gave me a whole brand spanking new phone, now it wont send text anymore while im on the phone.
    02-18-09 10:48 PM
    I still can't send text messages while I'm on the phone consistently. Sometimes it will let me send a couple before it stops and I get the dreaded red X. Sometimes it won't let me send any. I read someone saying they had the same issue and the 4.5 upgrade fixed it. I upgraded and still have the same problem. Does anybody know of a solution to this? I've had this issue since I got my curve. Sprint has replaced it, tech support has done some stuff nothing seems to work. Any help will be appreciated.
    For the most part, and I'm not sure if this is specific to BlackBerry and Sprint, but when you're able to talk and text at the same time, you just got lucky. Most of the time, it doesnt work that way- you have to do one or the other, but not both at the same time.

What I find interesting is that this was never the case with any Treo or windows phone I've ever used- only with the BlackBerry.
    02-18-09 10:52 PM
    With the BB, voice and data can't go at the same time. That is why the phone will interrupt the data stream. You can usually type in a message, but it won't transmit until you hang up.

Now this, as I understand it, applies to the CDMA versions, not the GSMs.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 11:35 PM
    With the BB, voice and data can't go at the same time. That is why the phone will interrupt the data stream. You can usually type in a message, but it won't transmit until you hang up.

Which is ridiculous when you've had phones this didnt happen with.
    02-18-09 11:38 PM
    I've always been able to talk and text at the same time. Its not luck.

If you can't do so, something is wrong with your phone

02-19-09 12:18 AM
    i cant talk and text from mine and i have the 4.5 os
    02-19-09 01:00 AM

Except that texting doesn't use the data stream, it uses the phone stream. Theoretically, the only "texting" that should be affected is MMS.
    02-19-09 01:54 AM
    Which is ridiculous when you've had phones this didnt happen with.

And curves with other carriers can do this with no problem. I just don't understand how you can upgrade to a phone that is suppose to be better than your phone but it can't do something simple like talk and text. I had no issues with this with my mogul
    02-19-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD