I got my Curve 8330 2 weeks ago and changed my plan to SERO voice only ($30) and added the $30 BIS plan. I get my bill today and noticed im being charged for texts at 20 cents each I call up retentions and they tell me that the BIS plan does NOT include unlimited text. I was under the impression that it was. I've read many places that texts are included. The rep says its not and i would have to add an additional text plan. I asked was she sure and she put me on hold, checked with someone else and she said it does not.I told her this must be something new that just happened because i know many people with the BB plan with texts included. I wanted to be sure so i hung up, called back, got another rep and that rep said the same thing. When did this happen?? I am pretty sure it used to included unlimited texts. She said Sprints website does not list unlimted SMS in the $30 BB plan. Im trying to get on the site now to check but its moving extremely slow. I asked her for a return kit so i can send the Curve back. I love the phone and I love CB but $30 add on PLUS a unlimited text plan is ridiculous. There is no way im paying that when i was getting data and texts for free with my regular SERO plan before i added the BIS. I guess its back to my Q9c for now. She also said she usually discourages people from getting a BB because of these extra add ons. Unless they really need it for business. She said she tells customers there are other PDA's just as good but dont need the expensive data plans. Just thought that was interesting
    Last edited by Karong; 06-30-08 at 09:46 PM.
    06-30-08 09:43 PM
    why don't u get the simply every thing plan for like 69.00 450 min and everything esle is unlimited . sms,data,tv,gps, and so on.. just a question ...
    06-30-08 09:48 PM
    I believe all providers do not include SMS or MMS in the Data Plan. This is why BBM was such a hot program for many, BBM and PIN messaging is included in the Data Plan; SMS is not.

Most providers will credit you back for it as you could claim you were misinformed and then add you on an SMS plan.
    06-30-08 09:51 PM
    That's wierd. I have the bb pearl 8130 from sprint and they don't charge me extra for a text message.
    06-30-08 09:51 PM
    I got my Curve 8330 2 weeks ago and changed my plan to SERO voice only ($30) and added the $30 BIS plan. I get my bill today and noticed im being charged for texts at 20 cents each I call up retentions and they tell me that the BIS plan does NOT include unlimited text. I was under the impression that it was. I've read many places that texts are included. The rep says its not and i would have to add an additional text plan. I asked was she sure and she put me on hold, checked with someone else and she said it does not.I told her this must be something new that just happened because i know many people with the BB plan with texts included. I wanted to be sure so i hung up, called back, got another rep and that rep said the same thing. When did this happen?? I am pretty sure it used to included unlimited texts. She said Sprints website does not list unlimted SMS in the $30 BB plan. Im trying to get on the site now to check but its moving extremely slow. I asked her for a return kit so i can send the Curve back. I love the phone and I love CB but $30 add on PLUS a unlimited text plan is ridiculous. There is no way im paying that when i was getting data and texts for free with my regular SERO plan before i added the BIS. I guess its back to my Q9c for now. She also said she usually discourages people from getting a BB because of these extra add ons. Unless they really need it for business. She said she tells customers there are other PDA's just as good but dont need the expensive data plans. Just thought that was interesting
    you need to call and speak to a supervisor or something. dont send you BB back.

i have sero voice + bb and i dont get charged for texts...

this is strange.
    06-30-08 09:52 PM
    I hate Sprint...Sorry bout your bill
    06-30-08 09:52 PM
    I believe all providers do not include SMS or MMS in the Data Plan. This is why BBM was such a hot program for many, BBM and PIN messaging is included in the Data Plan; SMS is not.

Most providers will credit you back for it as you could claim you were misinformed and then add you on an SMS plan.
    even if the sms wasnt included in the bb plan the sero plan should include it.
    06-30-08 09:53 PM
    I would be calling sprint back and ask to talk to someone in the retentions department or a supervisor and explain to them your situation and get things straightened. Just my opinion...
    06-30-08 10:01 PM
    why don't u get the simply every thing plan for like 69.00 450 min and everything esle is unlimited . sms,data,tv,gps, and so on.. just a question ...
    why would I do that when my old SERO plan includes texts and data for only $30? I just can't use a BB. as much as I love my Curve my budget and common sense is not going to have me pay $40 extra dollars to have one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 10:03 PM
    Yes I think that the SERO plan should include unlimited text. Speak with another rep and say you were misinformed. I changed my plan and my husband's about a month ago. I got my bill after changing and it turned out the rep only changed my plan to SERO. So whatever my husband was doing on his plan was being charged with an extra fee (Internet, extra texts). I told the rep they made a mistake and she credited me back for everything (over $100). Call back and maybe talk to retentions.

06-30-08 10:04 PM
    you need to call and speak to a supervisor or something. dont send you BB back.

i have sero voice + bb and i dont get charged for texts...

this is strange.
    I know its very stange. it must have been a very recent change because I know for sure texts were included. I actually just called back a 3rd time to see if I get a different story and was told the same thing. she did credit me for the texts I was charged but would not add unlimited sms for free. only reason I didn't put up a bigger fuss is because I was thinking of returing it anyway because I am starting school soon and need to cut back on expenses but this just made my decision a lot easier

06-30-08 10:11 PM
    Yes I think that the SERO plan should include unlimited text. Speak with another rep and say you were misinformed. I changed my plan and my husband's about a month ago. I got my bill after changing and it turned out the rep only changed my plan to SERO. So whatever my husband was doing on his plan was being charged with an extra fee (Internet, extra texts). I told the rep they made a mistake and she credited me back for everything (over $100). Call back and maybe talk to retentions.

I did talk to rentions. all 3 reps I spoke with was with retentions.

06-30-08 10:14 PM
    man thats what i missed with sprint, you could kick and scream and get results!!! Tmo is not going to have that they dont have retention program like att and sprint.I said to cancel my service with tmo after an incident they screwed up, and i was like could i be transfered to dem she said there no department and turned my service off at that moment. I had to call up lol and tell them to turn it back on she made an mistake.

sometimes tmo will throw in bonus minutes, but i had to fight tooth and nail to get my problem fixed. it also took a total of 2 months, a lot of faxing contracts, buying a sidekick id retail, adding and canceling a new line, which led me to my bb curve!!! So with all the darkness there was light at the end
    06-30-08 10:34 PM
    I have the 30 dollar plan and have unlimited texting also....

This is the description on the sprint site regarding the 30 dollar plan

Sprint� Power VisionSM BlackBerry� Pack
    This pack is perfect for those who want to get their personal email on a BlackBerry without needing to access a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BlackBerry Pack includes:
    BlackBerry Internet Service - Set up to 10 ISP (imap/pop3) email accounts.
    Sprint� Navigation - Get UNLIMITED directions, see and hear your progress on a moving map.
    Unlimited web browsing/search.
    On Demand - News, sports, weather and more.
    Unlimited text messages.
    Unlimited data access.
    Also, available exclusively on the 8130 by BlackBerry:
    Sprint TV - Watch CNN, FOX Sports, Disney Channel, The Weather Channel, E!, NFL Network and Sprint Exclusive Entertainment.
    99� Wireless Music Downloads - Wirelessly download your favorite songs from the Sprint Music StoreSM for only 99�.
    Phone as modem is available for $15.00. Please contact customer care to add this to your account.
    � 2007 Sprint. All Sprint trademarks are property of Sprint Communications Company L.P.
    06-30-08 11:24 PM
    Sounds like they gave you the wrong pack. You need the $30 power vision blackberry pack. Tell them they signed you up with the wrong pack and they should retro it as if you had it as long as the other pack.
    07-01-08 12:09 AM
    you got hosed, I have the Blackberry Personal Package ($30 BIS Package) and it comes with unlimited texts it even says so in my current usage online right now...
    07-01-08 12:18 AM
    Don't give up when you know you're right

07-01-08 02:14 AM
    Don't give up when you know you're right

I say give up. Prior to this happening, he said he was already considering sending it back b/c of starting school; so the thought of giving up the BB was already present.

I would like to hope that if a mistake was made, somebody looking at his account after 3 phone calls would have seen that there was indeed an error. Retentions is usually great on figuring this stuff out- so I'm interested that he spoke to 3 people whom he says were all from retentions and NO ONE put him on the right plan?

Remember, retentions is there to keep you as a customer; that's their job!
    07-01-08 02:25 AM
    Well the phone can still be given up if not happy with it or whatever other reasons. But to fix the billing issue it must be made aware that the incorrect addon was added so that the additional charge of 20 cents per text message is reversed. There is no reason to pay for something that was their error.

07-01-08 03:26 AM
    I have the 30 dollar plan and have unlimited texting also....

This is the description on the sprint site regarding the 30 dollar plan

Sprint� Power VisionSM BlackBerry� Pack
    This pack is perfect for those who want to get their personal email on a BlackBerry without needing to access a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BlackBerry Pack includes:
    BlackBerry Internet Service - Set up to 10 ISP (imap/pop3) email accounts.
    Sprint� Navigation - Get UNLIMITED directions, see and hear your progress on a moving map.
    Unlimited web browsing/search.
    On Demand - News, sports, weather and more.
    Unlimited text messages.
    Unlimited data access.
    Also, available exclusively on the 8130 by BlackBerry:
    Sprint TV - Watch CNN, FOX Sports, Disney Channel, The Weather Channel, E!, NFL Network and Sprint Exclusive Entertainment.
    99� Wireless Music Downloads - Wirelessly download your favorite songs from the Sprint Music StoreSM for only 99�.
    Phone as modem is available for $15.00. Please contact customer care to add this to your account.
    � 2007 Sprint. All Sprint trademarks are property of Sprint Communications Company L.P.
    thanks this is exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find it anywhere on their site.

07-01-08 07:13 AM
    man thats what i missed with sprint, you could kick and scream and get results!!! Tmo is not going to have that they dont have retention program like att and sprint.I said to cancel my service with tmo after an incident they screwed up, and i was like could i be transfered to dem she said there no department and turned my service off at that moment. I had to call up lol and tell them to turn it back on she made an mistake.

sometimes tmo will throw in bonus minutes, but i had to fight tooth and nail to get my problem fixed. it also took a total of 2 months, a lot of faxing contracts, buying a sidekick id retail, adding and canceling a new line, which led me to my bb curve!!! So with all the darkness there was light at the end
    You are getting the run around then! T-Mobile definitely has a retentions department as I usually end up speaking with them to get a better deal on phones.
    07-01-08 08:15 AM
    Well the phone can still be given up if not happy with it or whatever other reasons. But to fix the billing issue it must be made aware that the incorrect addon was added so that the additional charge of 20 cents per text message is reversed. There is no reason to pay for something that was their error.

They did credit me back for the texts charges. but what my problem was she is telling me that the $30 BB plan does NOT come with unlimited texts when I and everyone here knows it does. The retention people are supposed to be the ones that know what they are talking about. I usually have no problems dealing with them. I'm not giving up just yet though, im calling back today to make someone admit that they are wrong. and that was just the beginning of my problems with them on this bill, first my wifes line got charged for downloading games and ringers (for the 2nd month in a row)which i know she didnt do because she can care less about that stuff. Then they overcharged me for a Centro i got for her, and after a hour of getting that straight now i have to deal with this crap.
    07-01-08 08:27 AM
    why would I do that when my old SERO plan includes texts and data for only $30? I just can't use a BB. as much as I love my Curve my budget and common sense is not going to have me pay $40 extra dollars to have one.

ur old SERO plan covered texts/data on a regular phone, not a smartphone/BB. this is just the way it is and pretty much the way it has been. sorry.
    07-01-08 08:28 AM
    ur old SERO plan covered texts/data on a regular phone, not a smartphone/BB. this is just the way it is and pretty much the way it has been. sorry.
    My old SERO plan covered texts and data on PDA's too. I had a Touch and Q9c on my old plan all with data and texts included with no issues so i think you're wrong there. Only BB's are the exceptions
    07-01-08 08:30 AM
    I have sprint and I had the $30 data plan and it included text messages. In fact that is the one credit I did give sprint, the fact that there blackberry plan included text messages when everyone else's didn't. That's bananas.
    07-01-08 08:45 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD