Hello All,

So, for the last 18 months or so, I have used either a Blackberry Pearl, or now my Curve 8330 to connect to the internet using the Sprint Connection Manager before, and now currently Sprint SmartView. Until a few days ago, all was going great. I don't use it a ton, but do use it while working on an ambulance.

Now, I cannot connect at all. If I use the Sprint SmartView, it gives me an "Error 678: The remote computer did not respond." If I try just using a new dial-up connection and using the #777, I get an "Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device)."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling SSV and I've done a system restore (Vista) to a few days ago. Nothing seems to work. I do have a newly refurbished Curve as of a few minutes ago, and still no go. (I was having a few other issues to, so I got a refurb unit.)

Anyone have any ideas? This is killing me, as I use it while sitting on street corners waiting for calls!

TIA
    09-19-09 07:12 PM
    Anyone? I am also having this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 08:53 AM
    Seems Sprint found a way to block us from using their own software they made available for us FOR FREE. Go to the Sprint forum...lots of posts on this very issue. I can't even set up a DUN...getting the same error. Argh!
    09-28-09 09:35 AM
    I've read several of your posts referring to VA, what town?

09-28-09 01:06 PM
    I've read several of your posts referring to VA, what town?

My sister & mom live in Woodlawn, VA off I-77...sis works down the mountain in NC (Mt. Airy). So gorgeous down there!
    09-28-09 01:15 PM
    I grew up in Bluefield, VA... It was always a fun drive to Hillsville to play Carroll Co.

09-29-09 02:17 PM
    I grew up in Bluefield, VA... It was always a fun drive to Hillsville to play Carroll Co.

Ah yes Bluefield...a girl my sister went thru nursing school in Wytheville lives up there. Love the huge a## flea markets in Hillsville for Memorial and Labor Day weekends. Beautiful country down there...they're very lucky to live down there with all that beauty.
    09-30-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD