I have a very basic data plan with sprint. The data plan includes unlimited internet but no gps, tv,ect. Any way I can access with my bb. Tried opera mini but it would not load. Any thing that can be reconfigured in the phone. Or any other browser. Or can the bb server keep me out because I didnt get a specific bb plan. I dont want to change my plan. there are 10 other phones involved.
    04-05-09 07:20 AM
    The data plan and the text plan are two different things, whats the exact name of the plan you have... you mentioned the sprint tv and opera mini wouldnt load.. I get the impression there is no data plan, but you have unlimited texting.... please elaborate..
    04-05-09 07:52 AM
    The plan is old. we have both text unlimited and a data plan that gives full internet on any other phone but blackberry. They told me Blackberry uses a different server? They also told me the data plan was still active on my line. I was hoping to bypass the bb server. Thanks
    04-05-09 09:07 AM
    Ok so you bassicly got the old data package. Just call Sprint up and get a new plan with the new data package since you don't have to extend your contract anymore just for chainging your plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 09:11 AM
    I cant change plans (10 other phones in the group). I would have to pay an additional $30 a month. Our entire plan would also go up $130 a month and no one else has a bb.
    04-05-09 09:32 AM
    Mmmm... Strange, did you ask customer service about changing just 1 phone or are you just assuming? Cause my old plan with data used to cost me $90 with 400mins while my current plan costs me $70 with 440mins...

04-05-09 05:56 PM
    I know I can add cost to my plan . I just dont want to pay for bb service when I allready have a data plan. I am hoping there is a way to get around this. Maybe I need to contact blackberry directly.
    04-05-09 07:21 PM
    i dont think you can get around it with a sprint it uses a differnet server. You will have to change your plan
    04-05-09 07:27 PM
    Thats what I keep hearing I guess no one has the knowledge to figure out another way. Sprints own tech support thought there might be, but he was unable to give me details. I thought for sure someone on this sight could help. Thanks all! I can still trade the blackberry.
    04-05-09 09:46 PM
    I don't know anything about Sprint's service plans, but what you are saying doesn't make sense. Why would you need to change the plans on 10 other phones just to add the BlackBerry Data Plan to yours?

And I would think that if you are already paying for some sort of data plan, that adding the BlackBerry Data Plan would surely cost less than if you didn't have any data plan to start with, wouldn't it?

And there's no way "around it" so please don't expect answers to that on this site. This isn't that kind of site.
    04-05-09 10:01 PM
    There is no way to "get around" that and still use your blackberry on sprint. If one of the tech support people told you there was they are wrong. You can not run a blackberry on a different server.

04-05-09 10:09 PM
    I dont think she wants to pay extra for the blackberry plan
    04-05-09 11:05 PM
    Assuming you already have a data plan now, the blackberry data plan would replace that along with your texting plan. So lets say you were paying $15/mo now for Text and $15/mo for data. By changing to the $30/mo Blackberry Personal package you get BIS internet service, unlimited text, SprintTV/Radio, and Navigation for he same price, on one phone.

If you are on a special discounted rate plan that is a different story, or if you have an old $20 power pack family texting add-on ($20 only, all phones included) it is different.

You do not have to change the base plan simply to add a Blackberry, unless you are on one of the Everything Messaging family plans, the system rejects Blackberry Packages on those, you Have to get an Everything Data plan.

Without exact info there's only so much info we can help with.
    04-06-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD