Does anyone know if picture mail can be used on a Sprint Curve? I have figured out everthing else that the phone does but this. You can PIN, email, and facebook pictures but I can find regular picture mail. Is it POSSIBLE?
    06-03-08 09:50 AM
    I have the same phone and unfortunately I don't think you can do picture mail. The closest you can get is sending a picture via EMail. I have phones from 5 years ago that had this functionality so I'm pretty disappointed.
    06-03-08 11:25 AM
    Satchow is correct. Sprint, for whatever reason, doesn't allow any of their BBs from having picture mail. The only alternative is to send it via email.
    06-03-08 11:31 AM
    Yes its true. I don't know why sprint prevents pic mail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 02:05 PM
    I'm confused about this picture mail situation because Sunday someone sent me one. The one that come with a text saying "You have new Picture Mail! Click Go/View to see now. <url>". And I do have the 8330...
    06-03-08 02:09 PM
    I'm confused about this picture mail situation because Sunday someone sent me one. The one that come with a text saying "You have new Picture Mail! Click Go/View to see now. <url>". And I do have the 8330...
    Yeah srd05c, You Have To Click On The "Email" Link To Get The Picture/Video...You Don't Get It Directly Through MMS!!!
    06-03-08 02:18 PM
    yeah u can recieve them, but there is no pic mail app nor can u send them unless its via email.
    06-03-08 02:21 PM
    Supposedly rumor has it (much like the sCurves release date) that Sprint is working to bring this feature to BB's.
    06-03-08 06:37 PM
    Yes I came across the same problem when I was first setting up my BB. I called Sprint and right now they do not support this function. Kind of funny considering this is a new module of the phone. In any case, they did say they are working with RIM to provide this service. No ETA yet though...
    06-04-08 11:59 AM
    A friend told me how to send pictures via Sprint picture mail. Select the picture that you want to send, send as Email, wireless#@pm.sprint.com is the address that you use. The Sprint user will get the picture mail link and can view the pic. It just appears as though you sent it from your e-mail address.
    IMO this is a negative as I was a Treo user previously, but there have been many more positives of my new BB. Hopefully Sprint will have MMS soon!!
    06-04-08 12:51 PM
    But what about sending picture texts from sprint to people who have other carriers? Is this possible?
    11-12-08 10:06 AM
    But what about sending picture texts from sprint to people who have other carriers? Is this possible?
    There are lots of threads discussing this topic, here are a couple:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/mms-texting-55300/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/fas...-8330-a-57712/
    11-12-08 12:23 PM
    Picturemail is coming to Sprint Blackberry's. it is supposed to be here no later than the end of January.

As for now in order to send picturemail you can do the following.

To send to a Sprint hand set - [email protected]

Verizon handsetq [email protected]

Tmobile handset - [email protected]

AT&T handset -
    [email protected]

AllTel handset -
    [email protected]

US Cellular handset -
    [email protected]
    12-12-08 06:54 PM
    I talked with tech support at sprint and they told me that they didnt know when they were gonna release it. they said end of december, you guys are saying end of january to be honest
    12-13-08 11:29 AM
    currently bb curve from sprint runs on 4.2 or 4.3 there is an upgrade available to 4.5 on the blackberry website that unlocks this mms feature.
    03-13-09 02:49 PM
    Can anyone remind me what the Blackberry website is? I can't remember what it is and no picture mail drives me NUTS!!!
    Thanks!

Renee
    **New Blackberry Curve 8330 addict**
    03-13-09 08:31 PM
    Go to the sprint website and click on the software page. There will be three things on that page. One of them is the link to download the new OS.

03-13-09 09:17 PM
    Sprint has released their own OS 4.5 about a month or two ago which has MMS capability.
    03-13-09 10:05 PM
    MMS works just fine on my sprint curve
    03-17-09 03:48 AM
    I looked on the Sprint Website for the OS update. It says its only for the Curve 8330 World Edition. I have the Curve 8330. Will this still work?
    03-18-09 07:34 AM
    This is one of the many reasons, I dropped sprint as a carrier. They place too many restrictions on what you can do with your phone. Like the picture mail issue. You need to have a data plan with sprint to use the feature without paying per send/receive.

With other carriers like AT&T, the MMS is counted as a text messaging.
    03-18-09 07:44 AM
    MMS works just fine on my sprint curve
    i just sent yesterday a picture thru mms and now i am not able to open any picture mail that is sent to me. Do you know what i need to do. I even tried to open previous pictures that i could and now they wont open either
    06-11-09 02:02 PM
    Try resending your service books

06-11-09 04:47 PM
    This is one of the many reasons, I dropped sprint as a carrier. They place too many restrictions on what you can do with your phone. Like the picture mail issue. You need to have a data plan with sprint to use the feature without paying per send/receive.

With other carriers like AT&T, the MMS is counted as a text messaging.
    Please go into more detail on restrictons.
    06-11-09 04:52 PM
    The newest Sprint OS also allows the unit to check for software updates directly without using the browser or BB Desktop, etc.
    06-24-09 03:01 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD