My fiance got himself a Sprint 8330 this past weekend.
    At least twice, it's turned the radio reception off without being instructed.
    Is this a common glitch?
    I have AT&T's 8310 and have never had this issue. Thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 03:21 PM
    The radio turns off automatically when the phone gets low on power. Are there any battery related problems as well, like phone powering off, or getting really low on power too soon?
    02-03-09 03:30 PM
    That's the only thing I can think of... The only reason mine has ever shut the radio off was when the battery was low

02-03-09 03:33 PM
    Also, since it is new, he'll probably want to get it exchanged for a new one pronto.
    02-03-09 03:40 PM
    The 8330 has a built in radio? Or is this a Sprint thing? I have not seen any type of radio on my 8330 but i have Alltel.
    02-03-09 05:12 PM
    The CDMA radio, ie., the thing that makes it a cell phone

02-03-09 05:16 PM
    The 8330 has a built in radio? Or is this a Sprint thing? I have not seen any type of radio on my 8330 but i have Alltel.
    The "radio" is the receiver/transmitter that is in all phones whether they are CDMA or GSM, not AM or FM as you are asking.
    02-03-09 05:17 PM
    The "radio" is the receiver/transmitter that is in all phones whether they are CDMA or GSM, not AM or FM as you are asking.

Oh...
    02-03-09 05:20 PM
    When your battery is very low your BB will automatically turn off the radio to allow you to still use the other BB apps and power down or charge the unit.
    02-03-09 05:33 PM
    My wife was on two airline flights today. She placed a call while on the ground between the two flights, and turned her BB (Curve) off just before the door was closed on the second flight. After the flights she tried to place a call and found the radio was off. Her battery is fully changed, and the radio has never before been turned off (she didn't even know how to turn the radio off).

We were wondering if it is possible for an airplane to have something that will force the radio function off on a BB. Yeah, I know that sounds weird, but the radio turning itself off just seemed too coincidental.
    02-04-09 01:37 PM
    I fly several times a year with my Curve...can't say that I've had that happen. I don't think the airplane can override the setting.
    I usually turn off the radio before takeoff then I can use the mp3 player and other apps during the flight.
    02-05-09 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD