Backstory

Received brand new 8330 from Sprint store in April. This month the vibrating feature completely stopped...going from strong like normal to really weak and eventually stopping. It had the 4.5 .160 OS out of the box.

I called Sprint and they said they would send me a replacement and they did the next morning. I activated it and it had the 4.5 .133 OS. The next day it started randomly reboot. I'd hear an alert for an email and it would reboot. I clicked on the trackball to check weather on the app and it'd reboot. I take it out of my holster and it does it. I thought it was the OS so I upgraded it back to .160 and it still does it.

Any fix to this or did I just get a crappy replacement from Sprint?

-Neel
    06-22-09 08:47 AM
    My first 8330 (from Alltel) had the same problem. I returned it and got a new one (probably refurb) but it hasn't happened since.
    06-22-09 09:11 AM
    Yeah probably just a bad refurb... I just got a curve from sprint couple weeks ago. It's been great except for my signal going in and out constantly.. Anyone else having this problem??
    06-22-09 09:45 AM
    thanks guy.

yeah the signal sucks for Sprint. I use to have an 8330 for Verizon and it never did that. but i switched to sprint because the plan was cheaper.
    06-22-09 09:56 AM
    thanks guy.

yeah the signal sucks for Sprint. I use to have an 8330 for Verizon and it never did that. but i switched to sprint because the plan was cheaper.
    I didn't have this problem before when I had them before in the same area I am now.. So far with the 4.5 from the factory it's been great.. Saves me $50 a month
    06-22-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD