Hi, i have a problem and i was hoping someone knows the answer. I just recently bought a Blackberry Curve 8330 and was wondering how i can mms with it. Idk if i would have to update the OS, and if so which one.

If anybody here has sprint do you know the cost for mms? i just have the 450 minute plan with unlimited text. Would i be charged extra if i did mms or no? I have no data plan, just unlimited text.

Thanks
    09-14-09 01:51 AM
    I believe you need the data plan for it to work? But no mms and text is the same cost if you have unlimited (which is free)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 02:10 AM
    Do you have the standard 8330 or the 8330m? Under Options, look under About to see what version you have. MMS isn't an OS feature; built into the phone. I know the 8330m is MMS capable as I have one. I know with the 8330 that MMS comes thru as attachments & not an embedded pic in the email.

09-14-09 11:32 AM
    yeah and check to see what os you have same options then about it should end in .131. that was the latest sprint update that included support for mms.
    09-14-09 11:41 AM
    Your OS is irrelevant.
    MMS is a data feature. SMS is a voice feature.
    In order to get MMS to work, you're gonna have to spend a little more money.
    The "everything data" packages (starting at $69) are looking good, especially with the newly announced "unlimited mobile-to-mobile".
    I also saw an "Everything messaging" plan for $50. , here's a link to some plans.
    09-14-09 12:22 PM
    yeah and check to see what os you have same options then about it should end in .131. that was the latest sprint update that included support for mms.
    I have to agree on that, i have the everything data plan but wasn't able to send MMS until i updated to OS .131.
    09-14-09 04:09 PM
    I do have the OS 131. but when i text and i want to send a picture it does not list the mms feature. But im still not sure if this still requires a data plan.
    09-15-09 11:15 AM
    As I mentioned above, MMS IS a data feature. You need a data plan to use a data feature.
    09-15-09 02:33 PM
    You need a data plan for the bb phone to have its functions. I have the blackberry pack (29.99) tacked onto my voice plan and it has unlimited everything.

09-15-09 02:38 PM
    Your OS is irrelevant.
    MMS is a data feature. SMS is a voice feature.
    In order to get MMS to work, you're gonna have to spend a little more money.
    The "everything data" packages (starting at $69) are looking good, especially with the newly announced "unlimited mobile-to-mobile".
    I also saw an "Everything messaging" plan for $50. , here's a link to some plans.

Sorry to be the berror of bad news but Sprint did not have the ability for MMS on Blackberrys until the Recent Update of 4.5 so untill the device has 4.5 on it they will not receive the MMS service books needed for that feature because it utilized the Sprint Picture Mail service every BB on Sprint Utilizes it, The Only 2 blackberry Devices that Can use True MMS are the Blackberry Curve 8330m and the Blackberry Tour all other Blackberrys on Sprint utilize the Site for their MMS needs requiring you to use a download link to see your message

Requirements for MMS on Blackberry For Sprint.

Any Blackberry with OS 4.5.0.13 or Higher (May Require Resending Service Books if your upgrading the OS)
    Any Data Plan
    Last edited by kingakuma; 09-15-09 at 02:42 PM.
    09-15-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD