I have been spending the past 24 hours trying to get my Entprise Activation to work on my new Sprint 8330. We have nearly 200 people using BES, many with an 83xx series phone but I think I am the first with an 8330 to attempt. I was on the phone with Sprint all day and they were doing multiple Re-Provisioning of my phone and I must have reset the BES for my account at least 10 times. What happens is that it gets as far as enabling the e-mail address and then just hangs on the Enterprise Activation screen. It will not get to the Calendar, Contacts or Notes (We have Lotus Notes by the way).

The only thing I can think of at this point is that either my phone is defective and I should return it and try a new one (I had an 8830 that worked fine) or that this phone needs some type of patch on the BES server to get the Enterprise Activation to work.

Any advise would be appreciated as Sprint has thrown in the towel and has said to work with Blackberry to rule out a BES issue since everything from their perspecitve appears setup correctly.

Thanks!
    05-13-08 08:16 PM
    It may be the phone. Have you spoken with RIM yet? Have you tried to swith back to the 8830 to see if that works. I think that can help rule out the phone or something that sprint is doing wrong.
    05-13-08 09:50 PM
    It may be the phone. Have you spoken with RIM yet? Have you tried to swith back to the 8830 to see if that works. I think that can help rule out the phone or something that sprint is doing wrong.
    I am going to have my IT department contact RIM on Wednesday to see if it is a BES issue. If they say everything is good on their end then I will have Sprint replace the phone.

Has anyone been able to successfully complete the Enterprise Activation with a BES server and Sprint on the 8330? If so, did it happen to be in a Notes environment??
    05-13-08 10:06 PM
    Nobody can seem to figure this out. Sprint is sending me a new 8330 to try thinking that there may be something wrong with the phone itself. I should have it tonight and will try to get it setup in the morning...
    05-15-08 02:47 PM
    Not sure if it'll help, but I had something similar happen last week with my Sprint 8330 on BES. Sorry, but a little background info is needed first.

First activation went perfect - no problems at all. I happened to be talking to Sprint to set up my son's 8330 and then offered me the $30 BB plan instead of the $39 BB plan I had on my line. Unfortunately, they didn't tell me only the $39 plan included BES.

Sure enough, that's when my BES email stopped flowing. Once I got the right plan back on, the BES (re)activation wouldn't start - tried 3 times and then quit. I finally had to wipe the device to get activation to work smoothly again. No problems since.

It might've been a defective phone, but just thought I'd throw out the plan info as well in case it helped.
    05-25-08 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD