I can't find anything relating to this in searching the forum, but hopefully someone can help.

I have another Sprint phone too previously (Mogul) and I can enter an unlock code which allows me to get into the programming and change settings and options internally on the phone.

One option that I changed was known as the Slot Cycle that default is "2"; however, if you lower it to "0" or "1" it allows the phone to keep pinging more often (quicker) to look for incoming phone calls.

I would like to do this for my Sprint Curve too because when someone calls me, it takes like 2-3 (for them hearing it) before my phone even starts to ring. I would like to change this setting (or whatever) so it keeps pinging the tower more often. I realize this takes more battery life, but don't care.

Can someone please offer some insight on an unlock code or something to get into the "internal" programming of the phone so I can make these appropriate changes.

THANKS

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is I still have the original OS in my phone which allows for "ROAM ONLY". I want to upgrade to the new OS but understand I'll lose this Roam only option. I'm hoping that someone may know of a "hack" that I can make to re-establish this roam only option after upgrading. THANKS
    01-21-09 09:57 AM
    ysp,
    I work for a sprint service and repair center pm me with the info on your phone and i will try to get you the information that you need. as for the cycling i dont think its built into the phone like it is on the mogul.
    01-21-09 10:58 AM
    I can't find anything relating to this in searching the forum, but hopefully someone can help.

I have another Sprint phone too previously (Mogul) and I can enter an unlock code which allows me to get into the programming and change settings and options internally on the phone.

One option that I changed was known as the Slot Cycle that default is "2"; however, if you lower it to "0" or "1" it allows the phone to keep pinging more often (quicker) to look for incoming phone calls.

I would like to do this for my Sprint Curve too because when someone calls me, it takes like 2-3 (for them hearing it) before my phone even starts to ring. I would like to change this setting (or whatever) so it keeps pinging the tower more often. I realize this takes more battery life, but don't care.

Can someone please offer some insight on an unlock code or something to get into the "internal" programming of the phone so I can make these appropriate changes.

THANKS

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is I still have the original OS in my phone which allows for "ROAM ONLY". I want to upgrade to the new OS but understand I'll lose this Roam only option. I'm hoping that someone may know of a "hack" that I can make to re-establish this roam only option after upgrading. THANKS
    I would like to know this also. With my HTC Touch you could go into the programming menu and change this cycle so your phone would ring sooner. Right now with the Curve you call my phone and the person calling has let it ring and on the third ring my phone finally rings.
    01-21-09 11:31 AM
    cant be done on blackberries, sorry. i loved this with windows mobile. it really worked good.
    01-21-09 11:36 AM
    how do you get into the programming screen for the sprint curves?
    03-09-09 10:12 AM
    I think I found a way to change the slot cycle index. You need to use QPST and go into service programming. once in there you need to set up the connection to your BB. Once the connection is setup, you can read the data from the phone. On that settings screen you can change (or at least appears you can, didn't try it) the cycle. Please correct me if I am wrong
    03-10-09 10:36 PM
    what is QPST?
    03-11-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD