Hey guys, I've had the red 8330 Curve for almost a month now, and today while I was in the middle of a call, the phone decided to reset itself for some reason. One minute I was talking, the next I had the red LED and a blank screen. I was worried it had crashed or something but it came back on like a minute or two later. This hasn't happened before, so I was wondering if this is just a normal "hiccup" with the phone or something to be concerned about. I don't think it was because of memory being low, because I have about half of the built in memory still available. Is this a common thing? Should I just wait and see if it happens again or take it into Sprint right away? I mean the phone seems fine now, and I made two more calls with no problem.

I'm concerned because my first thirty days with this phone on Sprint is almost up, and once that passes, they become very unwilling to fix/replace phones unless you want a refurb.
    09-14-08 02:43 PM
    I think it was just a one time thing
    just happened I think it will be okay
    09-14-08 02:45 PM
    Yeah from what I've been reading in other forums, I guess all I can really do is watch it for now. One thing I have NOT been doing lately is any kind of reset on the phone, which I'm told I should do at least once a week or even daily. I think maybe that was my problem.
    09-14-08 03:07 PM
    I've got a red one and I noticed that the battery is really sensitive. The slightest shift in the battery will force the reboot. With a slicone skin, it's much better.

I've had mine for a little over a month now and am trying to put it back together after having to get a new one due to the butons not working. Apparently it's really sensitive to moistur so be careful about sweating during the use of he phone or your buttons could stop working as well.
    09-14-08 03:27 PM
    It sure sounds like a weird spasm, but if it does it again I'd high tail it over to your local Sprint store if you are seriously concerned... Also, as for doing a battery pull daily that seems a bit harsh. I do one when I need to - I don't think that really requires a daily pull. After all, it isn't a Treo! This is a very stable system so you shouldn't have to do that, but do the pull and see if the problem replicates itself.
    09-14-08 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD