I updated my friend's sprint 8330 today. And after the reset it deleted all contacts, all bookmarks. I do not know if there is any backup files. If there was then I don't know how to do it. Last time iupdated her phone 4.3 to 4.5 it also delted all contacts. I'm not sure if I used blackberry manager to update 4.3 to 4.5. I left and let my friend do it. Now I wirelessly OTA upgraded her phone and contacts and bookmarks were deleted. I just upgraded mine and no problems happened. Can someone help?
    10-24-09 10:11 PM
    If you do not have a backup of the device on the computer from Desktop manager, all of your information is probably gone.

Do you know if a backup was created using Desktop Manager prior to the upgrade?
    10-24-09 10:13 PM
    Yeah. Its pretty much over then. No more updates for her blackberry then. Unless ill do it on blackberry messenger this time to be save. Or maybe no more updates. She might not trust me anymore

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 10:39 PM
    Look in My Documents for a "loader.(date).IPD" file.
    If that date matches, that is the backup.
    Good Luck!
    10-25-09 11:13 AM
    And you may want to consider syncing contacts via Google as a backup also. A couple of clicks and they all come back, and you don't have to deal with the trust issue, either.

10-25-09 11:20 AM
    I use mIQ from best buy, its free n pretty awesum (I hate google lol)

How did u upgrade her phone OTA???? U did it without pluggin the USB cable in??? Teach me how! Lol

10-26-09 07:12 AM
    Options, Advanced Options, Wireless Update. Saves everthing RIM based, calendar, notes, e-mail, etc. Will have to resetup third party apps.

How did u upgrade her phone OTA???? U did it without pluggin the USB cable in??? Teach me how! Lol

10-26-09 09:00 AM

Hate Google? Well, Ok. But when you're on the road and not near services, it's nice to be able to wirelessly restore data.

10-26-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD