I just updated my wife's 8330 and it appears to be sucessful. It has MMS, which I haven't tried and the phone states it has this new version on it.

The problem I have is that I have forwarded several emails that have pictures, advertisements and the like, to test out the html feature, and all I get is what I would get without 4.5 I just get all the html coding and no images, or place holders, etc.

I am having a difficult time troubleshooting, using my BB, same phone, because I have Empower loaded on mine and I cannot tell if Empower or version 4.5 is decoding all my emails.

Any help would be appreciated
    02-08-09 06:57 PM
    You need to resend your service books.
    02-08-09 07:00 PM
    I'm having the same problem.. I read on other threads that the HTML feature needs to be turned on by going through the Email Options, but when I go to Email Options there is no mention of HTML. I've resent my service books and tried a battery pull with no luck
    02-08-09 07:10 PM
    Have you tried re-registering your host routing tables..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 07:15 PM
    Have you tried re-registering your host routing tables..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm new to BlackBerry and know what little I do through these forums... I may have re-registered thinking I was sending service books. What I did was Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> Register Now.
    02-08-09 07:23 PM
    Yea.. That is not re-sending your service books. To resend your service books log into your BIS site. BlackBerry Internet Service And press service books. And then send service books.
    02-08-09 07:26 PM
    You need to resend your service books.
    Ok, that worked fine. Thanks. My wife wasn't here so I couldn't access the site to resend the books at the time. The computer said everything was finished and I did a battery pull just to be sure. I was a little thrown this didn't work.

I am going to post again about a related issue on my phone..
    02-08-09 07:40 PM
    Tae,

I was having this problem and your solution resolved my issue. Thanks for sharing your idea!
    02-08-09 09:28 PM
    No problem @ gdm320
    02-08-09 09:32 PM
    Yea.. That is not re-sending your service books. To resend your service books log into your BIS site. And press service books. And then send service books.
    Everything seems to work now, thanks for the help!
    02-09-09 10:42 AM
    i have sent service books.. now emails look different but it doesnt load pictures, it just has image placeholders.. any thoughts
    02-10-09 01:36 PM
    i have sent service books.. now emails look different but it doesnt load pictures, it just has image placeholders.. any thoughts
    I am having same thing.... any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I don't have any app for html.. would I still have to after upgrading OS? I am feeling like an ***** right now but I can't seem to figure it out. Probably something simple.. already resent service books and everything else listed above. TIA
    02-10-09 01:41 PM
    It will only download the pics automatically if they are embedded in the e-mail, if they are externally linked (which I suspect they are from the description) you need to click the menu and select "Get Images", should fix you right up.
    02-10-09 01:51 PM
    I have the same problem. HTML is fine. Placeholder icon is there for the picture. Clicking on the download now does nothing.
    02-24-09 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD