Ok well actually I thought my blackberry was a donut and dunked it in my coffee... well I immediately took it apart and let it dry out good... it is work just fine except my "b" key is not working, which is also my "!" key and I use that ALOT!!! I wonder if it is just sticky behind that key is there any way to take off the front of the curve and the keys and clean off underneath it?? It did cause the redXXX to show up on my battery and but really she is doing good except for the b/! key.... errr HELP PLEASE... I need that key why couldn't it have been like the "v" key I rarely use that!!!

Beckie
    12-30-08 10:34 PM
    Have been told you can put the BB in a bag of rice & it will help suck out all the moisture in the phone.
    12-30-08 11:02 PM
    i... can't.... stop.... laughing...
    12-30-08 11:04 PM
    Even if the moisture is removed with the rice trick, unless you get all the coffee residue out of the contacts in the keypad/circuit boards, it's only a matter of time before the real problems start showing up.
    12-30-08 11:07 PM
    Have been told you can put the BB in a bag of rice & it will help suck out all the moisture in the phone.
    This is one of those times where the rice thing is probably not the best
    solution. Even if it dries up the moisture it does nothing about the sugar, which
    is probably why the keys are sticking.

This is a for the 8300. The procedure is essentially the
    same for all 83xx devices
    12-30-08 11:09 PM
    Also, it was a very bad idea to turn the phone on with any moisture in it.

Moisture in an electrical device = BAD, even worse when it's on.
    12-30-08 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD