so i spilled soda on my blackberry today and it turns on and everything since luckily it didnt really get into the battery, but the right side keys are all messed up. For instance hitting the p button will result in a p and q and w or something like that. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
    08-10-09 11:46 PM
    so i spilled soda on my blackberry today and it turns on and everything since luckily it didnt really get into the battery, but the right side keys are all messed up. For instance hitting the p button will result in a p and q and w or something like that. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
    Take it apart and clean it!
    08-11-09 12:04 AM
    Agreed! Take your battery out immediately! Take the phone apart. Spray lightly with 90+% rubbing alcohol.. Allow to dry multiple days (in rice pulls all of the moisture out) I've managed to resurrect my phone twice this way (once was full-on immersion... in coffee... while charging!!!)
    08-11-09 01:01 AM
    Man, that sucks.

If you don't feel comfortable taking it apart, I'd clean it as best as I could, let it dry, and take it to Verizon and complain of a technical issue.
    08-11-09 01:29 AM
    If any sugar laden liquid such as soda or beer gets into the BB it must be disassembled completely and thorouighly cleaned with an alcohol bath or electronic components cleaner. Turning it before you do this will poretty much guarantee you kill your BB. Sugars are conductive and create havoc with the electronics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 02:56 AM
    sorry to hear. I've commonly heard people suggest putting the phone in rice overnight to best suck up the moisture. And try good ol soap for the sticky residue. Hope it all turns out well
    08-11-09 03:01 AM
    Man, that sucks.

If you don't feel comfortable taking it apart, I'd clean it as best as I could, let it dry, and take it to Verizon and complain of a technical issue.
    And people wonder why VZW is cracking down on replacement units.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD