I just got the Curve (my first blackberry) and I can't seem to figure out how to set up speed dialing. On my previous phone, I could set one number for someone's cell phone, another for his work phone, etc. How do I do this with the curve?
    08-24-09 11:35 PM
    You have a speed dial you can assign for almost every letter on your keyboard. Push and hold the letter you want and then select the contact. If they have more than one number you will have the option to choose the number when you hold the speed dial key
    08-24-09 11:38 PM
    go into call log, press menu, scroll down to view speed dial list
    08-24-09 11:42 PM
    How can I remove the 'preASSigned' speedials??? Like A for lock system or Q for Change Profile to Vibrate ??? This is DRIVING me CRAZY!!!
    08-25-09 01:31 AM
    You can't change those keys. That is why I said you have speed dials for most keys on your keyboard. Q's function is quite convienent to use, A is kind of a pain for me because my wife's name begins with A so I made her B instead
    08-25-09 01:33 AM
    X2CME, turn your Dial From Homescreen to Yes (Phone App, Menu, Options). This will deactivate the Menu Shortcut keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 01:35 AM
    I have speed dials assigned to my Q and A keys with Dial From Homescreen set to Yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 01:36 AM
    Good info, doesn't work on my 8900 running 5.0 beta. i was excited for a moment
    08-25-09 01:38 AM
    Got it...

To change the "A" or "Q" key functions, open your speed dial list and hit the Enter key to select the contact from your address book that you want to replace it with --- if its a letter I don't want to use... like 'Q' then I simply assigned a bogus name then deleted it!!

YIPPEEE!!!

Thanks for all the input!!!
    08-25-09 01:38 AM
    Got it...

To change the "A" or "Q" key functions, open your speed dial list and hit the Enter key to select the contact from your address book that you want to replace it with --- if its a letter I don't want to use... like 'Q' then I simply assigned a bogus name then deleted it!!

YIPPEEE!!!

Thanks for all the input!!!
    Good info, doesn't work on my 8900 running 5.0 beta. i was excited for a moment

Try this... it worked like a charm (saving me from pulling out all my hair!) on my 8900 running 5.0

Its the simple fixes that can really drive me nuts!
    08-25-09 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD